Anywhooo. Here are her one year old stats!
-17lbs (5%) and height is 48% While we were at the Dr. for her one year check up, the nurse asked if she could be the model for their practice! haha. And then after the Dr. left he told the nurse just outside of the door (thinking I couldn't hear him) "I know I can't say this to them, but that is the cutest baby we have in our entire clinic right now!" :) Ya, we think she's a cutie too!
She is doing some really fun things, and I love this stage so much!
* she says (and sometimes signs) "more." also says: no, yes, dad, momma, banana, meow, and will copy almost all sounds we make.
* when you ask her where Sylvie is, she takes her little pointer finger and points to herself all proud
* walks around furniture but isn't walking yet. I think we still have a while before that happens. (but when it does happen, she will start running, I'm sure of it).
* she is obsessed with animals and kind of goes crazy trying to get them.
* she is still tender hearted, content, and sensitive--- BUT she knows just what she wants and makes sure she tells us. she also gets quite jealous when I'm holding Stori. She pretty much crawls over her to get to me.
* she ditched the bear crawl.
*still just those 2 bottom teeth! :)
* as far as nursing goes---->she pretty much weaned herself. Every time I tried to feed her she just looked up at me and laughed. Apparently that is her way of telling me that we're done! I nursed Stori until 14 months, so I was expecting the same. 12 months isn't bad.
* still taking 2 naps (when we are home and she has a crib) & sleeps from about 7:30-8 at night.
* loves being outdoors; playing in the dirt, picking up rocks, eating grass/bark, and walking around assisted. Loves playing at the playground with big sis (slide and swings).
* opposite of big sis Stori in the food department. Doesn't love tomatoes, but does love cake!
* she could play for hours with the same few toys. We now have an extra room that has all the toys in it, and she is very content in there until she gets hungry.
* TOTAL mommy's girl
* greets her sister after waking up with big huge hugs. I ask her, "should we go find Stori" and she starts kicking her legs, nodding her head, and saying "YA!"
*but don't' be fooled----if Stori takes a toy out of her hand, she will let it be heard that she is not happy about it!
*Finally likes baths again. She got scarred from when she had a double ear infection.
*She makes it impossible to change her diaper---we have to distract her the entire time!
*Overall she is just the dang cutest one year old! So glad she is our cute little munchkin pie!
We did a mermaid theme because she has red hair and the cutest little mermaid outfit. I didn't do much, because we were in the middle of packing!
***Note-these are all just iPhone pics because Dan is at Law School all the live long day and I don't know how to access pictures from the hard drive… :( I'll have him help me this Sunday and get the good pics up.
|It's REALLY hard to find red headed dolls… so this one had to do.|
|the best bed hair in ALL THE LAND!|
|Stori took a real liking to Sylvie's present|
|she loves her granny!|
|and her cousins|
|Stori is getting good at taking pics on my phone!|
LOVE YOU BILLIONS AND GAZILLIONS munckin bunchkin pie!