Friday, June 10, 2011

too little

I am probably the worst pregnant lady ever.
It's still weird to say that I'm pregnant. People actually ask me when I'm due. ME.
Being pregnant is just something that Moms do. That my friends do. That my sisters do. 

I feel too little to be the pregnant one. To be the one raising a small human being. 
To be the one getting up in the middle of the night, the one to change diapers, the one to buy baby toys and clothes, to clean up the spit-up and drool. 
To be the one that makes the rules. The one who picks out what baby wears, what they will or won't play with. 
The one to make the nap schedule, to take them to their Dr. appointments. 
The one to baby proof the house, read stories, buy diapers, sing primary songs, feed. 
The one to teach crawling, walking, talking, reading, crafting. 
The one to teach them scripture stories, right and wrong, how not to hit, how to be polite, how to do the chores, ride a bike, play volleyball. 
To teach them how to shop at D.I., estate sales, and ROSS dress for less. 
The one that get's them ready for dates, dancing, and their wedding. 
To be the one they call Mom. 

That is a lot of responsibility.... and I feel too little.
Good thing I have an amazing husband to be the other responsible party.
&
Good thing for my amazing mom, sisters, and friends. Hopefully I can be like them one day!!!

But all that can wait a month or so.... right now I need some help with some pregnant lady/baby vocabulary...

-What exactly does it mean to "pack your bags" for the hospital? Is there something special that goes in this bag besides a toothbrush?
-When that time comes and I'm like, "holy crap, my water just broke", what do I do? Do I go to the ER or to some special baby having station? And why don't I know this answer?
-And how do I tell people (Dr's and nurses) that I want an epidural? Do I do that when I go in when I'm in labor, or is that something that I need to schedule?
 Holy Schmoley I know nothing. Being pregnant is easy. I take care of this baby without even knowing it. Once it's outside of my belly I'm lost. Wish me luck. 39ish days left.

P.S. SDR has been wanting to take preg pics of me for a while, so we spent a saturday and did just that.

32 week pictures (currently 34 weeks though)












6 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I think you should just call me when you have a minute...I have too many things to say and don't feel like typing. Of course you already have plenty of family who would tell you the same thing, so you don't have to call me if you don't want to but I will help you if you want. If I were you I would pre-register at the hospital so when you are in labor you aren't trying to fill out the insurance information...etc. Again, to lazy to type it but if you want to call me I can help answer some questions. (801)722-9984

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog. love this post. love that it made me get tears in my eyes. love you. love dans photography. love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck you are so cute preggo! Well you're cute not too. Those questions are all normal. Nobody knows all the answers on their first! I had all those questions too! Most importantly....when you want your epidural you just say "GIVE ME MY $*&#@ EPIDURAL NOW!" Then after that it's smooth sailing! When you pack your bags you get together a bag for you and for the baby to take to the hospital. Google it or babycenter it, but it's nice to ask an experienced mother what to take. Then when you have your bags ready it's just one more thing you don't have to worry about. You'll do great! The crazy thing is that we were made to do these things! So it's second nature for our bodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope this makes you feel better: we got lost at the hospital when we went up, because i never asked where we should go...and the people at the ER asked what i was doing there.....ummm...hello? do you see my prego belly? this is not my gut--there is a person in there ma'am. secondly, i never knew what to pack, and i didn't even use HALF of what i put in my bag.......they will probably ask if you want an epidural before you can even ask for one. and finally, nova has been out of the womb just shy of 3 years, and i still look at her and wonder how i have taken care of her and helped her grow. i still feel to little to be a mom, but you just do it. and it. is. awesome.(eat that houseplants. i might not have a green thumb, but i sure can grow kids! boo-ya!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the smallest pregnant person EVER! Oh my gosh you are smaller than almost 6 foot Tara! How is this possible? SO beautiful though! And why does it ask for me to select my profile when I try to leave a comment? I don't know how to do it!
    Love, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it makes you feel better, it also feels weird to ME that you're going to be the Mom! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete