Friday, July 22, 2011

SHE IS HERE...

...and she even came early...
{Sunday July 17, 2011}
Astoria Rose Radford
6lbs. 9oz. 19 inches long
tons of BEAUTIFUL red hair and the most AMAZING eyes.
She is ever so tiny but we love her lots and lots and lots! That's a lot!
First Family Photo. SHE IS SOOO CUTE!!!!
The Story of 'Stori'
{skip to the end if you just want pictures}
We spent all day Saturday in Idaho Falls; we went to Kung Fu Panda 2 in the morning and then we walked around the greenbelt with a picnic and some contractions. Then we headed to Rexburg and walked around the Nature park with even more contractions. So I called my mom and all my sisters in Logan and asked them about their labor pains-each with different stories. So I was in denial that I was actually in labor. But then it was off to Gringos for some spicy food. At Gringos, my contractions were about 2 minutes apart so we decided to go for our 3rd walk of the day around Porter Park. We only made it around twice before I knew we had to go home. So we went home and watched an episode of Modern Family while we timed my contractions to know if we should go to the Hospital or just sleep it off. Well they were consistently 5 minutes apart so we decided we needed to go in because I was group B strep positive and needed to be on antibiotics 4 hours before delivery. I had such a nervous excited feeling thinking that we might not come back to the apartment just the two of us...
On our way to the hospital Saturday night

We walked into the hospital and explained to the nurses that it was okay if they sent us home cause we weren't sure if I was in labor. She sent us to an exam room to get checked to see if I was dilated. Which I was-but only to a 1. So we were sent on a walk for an hour. Let me tell you this. That was the worst hour of my life (and I can probably put a really really stamp on that)! I was having contractions every 20 seconds and they were getting worse with each one. SDR was great at being the supportive husband. I said several times that I wasn't strong enough to do this but he was quick to tell me that he loved me and that I definitely could do this. So after the hour I still hadn't dilated anymore and I was sent to the jacuzzi for an hour. That turned out to be only 30 minutes because I couldn't handle the pain anymore. Went back and got checked and the lady discovered that the reason I wasn't dilated anymore was because I had scar tissue built up and it was preventing me from dilating. She called the Dr. because the baby was low and ready to be born even though I wasn't dilated more than a 1. He gave the O.K. to send me to the labor room and get my epidural. EPIDURAL. my favorite word!

Once I got that epidural at 3:30am, I was able to relax enough and I immediately dilated to a 4. then an 8. then a 10.  On the last check the nurse did, my water broke. Which was such a cool feeling. 
so tired but ready to deliver this babe

 After my water broke, it was go time! So the nurse, SDR, and I started the real labor stuff. At 10am we began the pushing. I actually really really liked the delivery process. The epidural took the pain away, but I was still able to feel the pressure of contractions and I was able to feel every time I pushed. I knew that each push was putting us closer and closer to seeing our beautiful baby so I gave it everything I had. One hour later SDR cut the cord and our baby girl was on my lap looking straight up at me. She was so alert and so peaceful. We couldn't help but crying with happiness. She was finally here. We were now a family of 3!

look at those eyes!
love her so much

 BATH TIME



Proof that we belong together

SOME OF THE MANY VISITORS that love Astoria






GETTING READY TO HEAD HOME








she loves me :)





She is now 4 days old but it feel like she's been a part of our family for years. She's going to think her name is gorgeous because that's all she hears from her dad and mom. We love every minute of this little squirt.

8 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! I am so glad everything went well for you. Can't wait to meet this sweet thang!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is perfect! Love all that hair! Congrats, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie she is beautiful!!!!! I love her. And my fav picture is her kissin your face. Congrats to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She is beautiful and that hair!!!!I didn't know babies could have the bright red hair! She is adorable!!!I am so excited for you guys and wish you a happy and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true! I cant get enough of stor-ro! I just love when she laughs at my jokes too! Ya i know, pretty weird, but she did hold my hand while she was in your belly! Well I love the new addidtion, she is perfect!! Oh and I am so proud of you and happy for you and cant wait to be there someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats mel! she is so stinkin adorable! the hair is amazing and i am totally digging the name. way to go with the delivery too. you totally rock! hooray for a family of two turning into a family of three! there is seriously nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie, she is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! And what gorgeous hair!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and Daniel. Now I'm even MORE excited to have MY baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete