Monday, May 19, 2014

Mothers Day year 3



This was my 3rd official Mothers Day, and our 3rd door picture… a different door each year so far, and next year will be yet another door.

Being a Mom is by far the best job I have ever had! I have some very sweet employees that make me feel like the most important Boss ever. The snuggles and "cozies" and kisses I receive are excellent pay. This last year I was lucky enough to get a raise on my pay when Sylvie June Bug joined our team. Both are excellent workers, but they sure don't hold back on their personal days...
Some days are redundant, tiresome, or messy. Some days we only eat goldfish and popcorn. Some days we pick up the same mess over and over. Some days we spend being sick and lazy. But I wouldn't change careers for anything.
 I keep seeing this quote float around the internet, "The days are long, but the years are short." It really makes me put more effort into the 5th tea party of the day. And who could say no to the cutest little voice asking me to play Candyland. It really is a good life!
Dan hung out with the kids last week while I went and worked with my Mom at the Caramel Tree. When I got home each time he just expressed to me what a tough job it is to be a Mom. It was a great thing to hear him say. And that brings me to my next point. MY MOM!
By far the hardest working person I know! She puts in so many hours at work and still manages to visit her kids and grandkids, and make it to all their special events. She is sweet enough to let us live with her and pretty much take over her house. She is the best!
Dan treated me well this year and I got 4 boxes of pop tarts, Klondike bars (since I have never had one), a Garmin GPS watch for running, and handmade cards from him and from the kids. All the essentials.
Love him. Love them.

1 comment:

  1. Cutest family ever!!! You are such a great mom, and so much fun.. and your hair is getting really long.

    ReplyDelete