Sunday, November 6, 2016

A little bit of Clarkston is good for the soul.

We have spent the last 3 Halloweens in Clarkston, Utah, and my kids think that is just part of life. It is always so much fun to spend a Holiday with cousins. Then you throw in a craft, a race, an amazing sealing, a family carnival, amazing weather, and you have the perfect weekend.
The kids were just 'slightly' terrified of the chickens, so megan found some "old straw hats" to make them feel like Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. Stori put on her invisible "suit of overalls and her worn out pair of shoes." Uncle Joel helped them not be such city girls and face their fears.


The kids did a halloween race while the parents and siblings ran the big races. The kids ran it close to 30 times. (and collecting candy at the end of it each time).


All the kid racers!


All the 5k and 10k racers. Everyone got ribbons for placing! (well except dan, but he did get a high-5).
^^Dan finished his 10k strong! Carrying an extra 70lbs haha.

This was my first year NOT running the First Dam Run. :( Even when all of my family abondoned me one year, I still ran it solo to keep the tradition alive. Dan ran it in my place because my big pregnant self was slightly cramping while running, so I didn't want to risk anything.

I love all of the pictures from our Family's Halloween Carnival. Each family was in charge of a different booth/station, and then we had a costume ceremony. Bron, Maizy, and a visitor made everyone a certificate. Sylvie won the "Cutest Deliverer," Stori won, "Biggest and Baddest," I won "most ancient," and dan won "Best destroyer of the environment." haha. It sure made all the kids days to win a prize.

For the booths we had: Aleisa-bobbing for apples. Josh's fam-bean bag toss, Bridget and Mom-blind folded donut eating, Megan's fam-fishing for treasures, Ty's fam-pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern, and then Dan and I did a photo booth. Each station also had treats for the kids to trick-or-treat.

 hahahahaha...Who has this picture everyone is laughing at? or did mom pay someone to destroy it?





 ^^Lily and Lexi

^^tayub and cole




^^getting into character ;)

The little cheater cousins who didn't get blind folded AND used their hands. Turns out they just wanted people to watch them eat donuts haha.


Photo booth time.








^^Corey was the only sibling missing, so I drew him into the group shot! :)

And sweet niece Emmy was sealed to her cute husband! I'm so glad that Dan and I got to be there for it. We had a BBQ at Aleisas after, with some really yummy food! It really was a fantastic weekend! I love my family! (and did no one get a picture of our craft???)

No comments:

Post a Comment