Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A little pre-Thanksgiving Christmas.

It's not unusual for us to decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving. Iin fact, we have done it every single year since we have been married. But even though it gets put up the second week of November, we still only get about 3 weeks of actually enjoying it because we are gone so much during the holidays. I love having it be the only light in our living room. We moved all of our books out to our living room, and our kids will read for hours by it. Stori is the first one to wake up in our house, so she always turns the tree on and then get's some books out. I love seeing it!

Laying by the bell music box daily.

^^This blurry picture is one of my favorites. It was a Sunday night, the kids were in bed, and Dan and I picked out a Christmas movie to watch. We always have either popcorn or ice cream with our Sunday night movie, but had NOTHING! So for the first time in our marriage, we made some chocolate chip cookies together. I don't even own a recipe for plain cookies, so we searched Pinterest and succeeded. Neither of us are fond of cookies at all, but Dan said making the cookies together was the highlight of his week. It really was SO fun! We blasted Christmas music while we measured the ingredients and then waited for them to cook. We only made about 4 cookies and that was plenty to last us 2 days. Sylvie finished off the last one in the morning for breakfast. I feel kinda bad that I actually do have one child that likes cookies, but never get's them because no one else likes them haha. So a cookie for breakfast was perfect. Love that husband of mine!
This girl is so funny! She pretended to take a nap like this. For almost 1.5 hours she pretended. it was just as good, or better than a real nap in my opinion. I still got to cuddle this girl and take a rest AND put her to bed at the normal time. I wish pretend naps happened daily around here.
We were playing Trouble one day and Sylvie LITERALLY rolled 12 6's in a row. She had all of her guys out before Stori and I even rolled twice. She won the game while I only had one guy out haha. We were all laughing so hard every time she rolled another six. I need to upload the video of that.
Boot season!
After swimming at the Rec Center one Saturday with cousins, we walked out of the pool area and found this cute couple. there wasn't a line at all, so the kids got to talk to Santa for about 5 solid minutes. It was so fun for them. 

^^wish I could have heard what they were all saying to each other.
Hanging up our lights...
Stori was somewhat appropriately dressed for the task...

And Sylvie wasn't even close to being ready to help. Dan sent her right back in to watch from the window. She thought having boots on was good enough. I swear this child never gets cold. Good luck trying to get her to wear pants ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment