Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's a Wonderful Life indeed

Christmas, for us, began early this year,
fake christmas eve was full of family cheer.

we shared our talents and ate much food,
played games and certainly dressed for the mood.

Yes ugly Christmas sweaters this year again,
but who cares when you're spending it with friends.

we sang and played and danced oh my,
and Christmas pudding was made with just one try.

Josh found the almond and didn't even cheat,
and it was his first time winning, so i guess that is neat

we wished all the family could be with us near,
but truly felt the spirit of christmas was hear.

OUR TALENTS

Haha they're so serious


Real Christmas 09 was oh so fun,
I didn't expect it to have so much Sun.

The white thing called snow is very pretty
but doesn't exist in the land of Tri-city(s).

4 of us traveled by car to get there,
with lincoln and me in the back with no warm air.

Jon and Dan drank lots and lots of pop,
which meant we made several rest area stops.

we got there late and hugged our fam,
but kristen was sick, that poor little lamb.

I made all the girls some aprons to wear,
but didn't make them for boys 'cause they wouldn't care.

We feasted all day and movies all night,
we put up the tree and it was a beautiful sight.

Christmas morning was fun and early it came,
it was my first christmas away but it still felt the same.

Loving spouse,siblings, nephews, father and mother
oh and in the morning we talked with Aaron, dan's brother.

St. nick did visit and we opened some fun,
not a single one of our lovely presents was dumb!
Took a walk by the river with camera in hand,
many pictures of Washington, and they were all grand.

Played many games with family close by,
I lost at Apples to apples and it did make me cry.

In the mornings dan and I ran to work out,
and saw the houses he lived in and loved, no doubt.

At night we saw the lights of the season,
But we know that presents and santa aren't the reason.

I had a husband this year to share in this fun,
and I'm happy my family doesn't make him want to run.

2009 brought me a new family to care for
the Radfords are tops. love them. I do truly adore!

I'm grateful for family and feelings so warm,
and glad to celebrate the day our savior was born.

Merry Christmas.
2009 sure didn't let me down! love to all.

1 comment:

  1. Dang you Mel everything you do is so cute and perfect!! I'm going to give you all the info to my blog so you can make it cute k.

    ReplyDelete