Saturday, December 17, 2011

Saying goodbye to Desi

One of my BEST FRIENDS was killed in a car accident today. I talked to her last night. I saw her on monday. I'm holding a check written and signed from her. I've texted her for the past 2 weeks discussing a Christmas present for her boyfriend. I got a picture from her last night. And now she's gone. 

Desiree Anne Bramwell. I've known you literally since I was born and we have been friends ever since then! I have so many wonderful memories of you. I could write novels of all the funny things we've done together. I don't remember a weekend that you, me, haley, and shannon didn't spend together when we were young... haha I remember the time Haley body slammed you while you two were wrestling. I remember when you stayed at my house and we were playing with my nieces and emmy threw up in my mouth! You laughed all night long! But that was pretty much how you always were...laughing. You were such a happy person and I don't know one person that didn't like you. Really really! I was so lucky to get to hang out with you a few times these last 2 weeks! We loved taking pictures of you and that cute little girl Tayler. You could tell that she loved you so much. Dan and I love to reminisce about the High School days when you and him went on a date and you forgot your money for the food and the pictures. He always said that you were one of his favorite people. I agree with him. When we would go out with our friends for lunch, it always seemed like you me and cha would go off and have our own conversations and laugh the whole time! I seriously have so many wonderful memories with you, (especially at girls camp). I'm so glad you got to see my little daughter and tell me how much you want children of your own. I loved seeing you so happy this last weekend. I hate that you will never get to take that carriage ride on Temple Square. I will miss you so much and I you have no idea how much I want to talk to you again. Thank you for 26 years of great friendship. I love you pheasant!!!

Here's the link to the accident info. I still can't believe it.
http://www.localnews8.com/news/30021414/detail.html


2 comments:

  1. She was such an amazing person. She sent me a text yesterday morning (Saturday the morning of the accident) saying "im bored, tell me something funny!" She touched so many peoples lives. I am still in shock. I will miss you Desi! - Nick Klingler

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Mel! I never knew her, but it sounds like she was an awesome friend. Let us know if there's anything we can do. We're thining of you!

    ReplyDelete