Sunday, January 1, 2012

Eclectic Christmas/Stori post

{Quite a bit to get caught up on.  I was going to write the updated stats of Stori Rose on the 17th but that was also the day of Fake Christmas Eve and the day that my sweet friend Desi was killed in a car accident. (Still so unreal). 
 Lemme catch up real quick-like}
~Fake Christmas Eve. This is where all my family gets together a week BEFORE Christmas so that we can still celebrate it as a family before everybody flees to their in-laws for REAL Christmas. It's a grand ol' time as long as you don't have any unwanted phone calls.
I of course brought out all my old ugly sweaters that I've been collecting for the past 8 years. We decided to have Stori and Hazel be a part of the tradtion this year.
snoozin with auntie sherfalene

Stori was lucky enough to be Baby Jesus for our Nativity scene this year. She did a fabulous job and she added her own little touch by sticking her tongue out for the performance. I felt like it added a lot to the story. She has some fantastic cousins that always wanted to hold and play with her. She thanked them by slobbering all over their hands. Stori loved getting passed around between cousins, uncles, aunts, and grandmother. Even though she is grandkid #31 for my mom, she is one loved little girl.
Learnin to say prayers
SDR guessed the EXACT amount of M&M's in the jar. Plus he guessed 1 number off of the Green ones. and my mom guessed the right amount of Red ones. That's talent I tell ya.

~Stori Rose turned 5 months. Stori has been able to roll over from front to back/back to front for about 2 months but she can not roll to the right! Always to the left. She always has her tongue sticking out.
Loves her toy bumble bee more than any other toy (even more than froofie).
Me thinks she has started teething; drooling and she stops crying if we rub her gums.
She still sleeps at night but she has started waking up for short periods and realizes that she needs her binks.
About an hour after eating, she will sleep for 1-3 hours. She is still eating about every 3 hours (5x's a day).
Can still wear most of her 3 month clothes.
Sits by herself for minutes at a time.
Loves to make raspberry sounds and spit out her binks. LOVES to give kisses!
Does stinkers once a week.
Loves the song "the wise man built his house upon a rock." Always tells me that I'm her best friend!
Tricks daddy into thinking that he's her best friend. We all know the truth.....
LOVE YOU ASTORIA ROSE RADFORD!
~REAL Christmas. We left for Kennewick right after Desi's funeral on Thursday the 22nd. We got there in really good time because there was absolutely no snow here, there, or even on the blues. Stori did great on the long road trip too. She slept, ate, and played at all the right times. 
After the 10 hour car ride. A little worn out
We loved being able to hang out with the family each day. Every single family member on Dan's side was able to be home for Christmas and it was perfect.

Christmas Morning!!! She got her first dolly from Santa.

 



While making Stori's stocking this year, I decided I wanted to start a new tradition. I wanted her to have a teeny tiny stocking cause she's just a babe, but I also wanted her to have a normal size one that she'll have for always. So what i decided to do was to make a teensy one for all my little kids on their first Christmas. Then after the first Christmas, it will become a Christmas Tree ornament and they will get their normal size one. 
I think it will be fun when I'm old, to see all those tiny stocking hanging on my tree representing all my little babies. 
Astoria's stocking says "Stori" and then I made a rose out of felt so that it says "Stori Rose"

She loved her first Christmas and hopefully one day she will love that dolly Santa gave her. (She still chooses that silly bumble bee).


Opening her Christmas Eve jammies. Don't you want to SQUIIIISHHH her!? 


Christmas Eve walk by the Columbia River.
Wishin she could drink some of mama's hot cocoa

Stori's famous kisses!!! :)
Cutest lil reindeer. 
Some of the family getting ready for 8 hours worth of Mafia. Chase made for a great mobster!

We had such a great week in Kennewick. Wish they all lived closer to us so we could see them more than just at holidays!!!
So happy Fake Christmas/Real Christmas and Stori's 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment