Tuesday, August 28, 2012

TOU half marathon







On August 25, 2012 the Radfords, the Hendricks, the Petersons (Meg and Joel), and 2,500 other people ran the Top of Utah Half Marathon. 

The Petersons and the Hendricks were the perrrrfect candidates to run because they actually trained for this thing. 
The Radfords, on the other hand, trained somewhere between 4-7 times. A few 3 mile runs and one long 11 miler on the coast. It was that long run that gave us the confidence to actually run this half marathon. That, and the sweet good luck card my niece Maizy Faye made for me! Love her!! 
I actually loved running this. Like really loved it. And I have no idea why, because I don't even like running! I think it was the beautiful canyon, the cute towns, the fans, the friends, the family, the shirt, and the medal. Dan didn't love it as much as I did, but he did say "We really need to do that again next year!" I'll take it! I would love him to run the Turkey Trot Half Marathon in Tri-cities THIS year with me, but he is still on the fence about it. This one I might actually train for! :)
Final time for both of us 2:24
Not a terrific time, but we beat our goal of 2:30.
Next goal is 2:15

No comments:

Post a Comment