Wednesday, January 23, 2013

'The Contract' that's hanging on my fridge

Let me preface this real quick; anyone that knows my SDR, knows that he LOVES his soda. He has a 44oz a day mon-sat and then a few cans on sunday. Pretty intense right?!

Well, sunday afternoon we were out at my mom's visiting with my family that was in town. Dan casually asked if I knew what he was going to do tomorrow.  I listed off several things I knew that he was going to do. Then lastly I said, "Drink a soda." 
he said, "NOPE! the opposite of that!" 
Come again? 
Como?
WHAT?
He told me he is going to give up soda until he reaches his goal weight! (which is 40lbs down the road)! 
Talk about commitment!
We sat at my mom's table and wrote up 'The Contract' right then and there with witnesses and official signatures. He was serious. He was nervous. I was excited! :)
When we got home he took the sodas out of the fridge and dumped them down the drain. 
The second day he suffered some caffeine withdrawal headaches but they are gone today. He has also commented on how much better he can breathe now. 
After he reaches his goal weight he said he will only drink soda moderately. That's a smart man I married! :) 
And he is such a good daddy too! Here's a pic from their first daddy-daughter date. They went to Arctic Circle.


And here is a picture of Dan playing with Stori and Max at the library today! Am I lucky or what?!
 

1 comment: