Sunday, March 3, 2013

What we do so we don't go crazy, a 19 month old, and a preg lady

Right now I am 16 weeks along and loving every minute of this growing belly. I get kind of stressed that I am growing and getting big already, but then I remember that it's because of a tiny human that is also growing and getting bigger.
So it's good news.
What's not good news, is the amount of ice cream I consume in a week... "the baby wants it" isn't a good enough excuse anymore. I actually blame my ice cream addiction on the weather. There isn't much to do when it's cold, snowy, and windy, and a few of my great friends have started getting together every day to prevent us mothers from going nuts. Some of those get-togethers include going to Arctic Circle to let the kiddies play on the toys. I have no self control when put in a restaurant with 35 different flavors of shakes. none.
play area at A.C.
Luckily my friends also motivate me to work out. I play vball on monday nights and when I'm done playing I head over to the icenter to run. We also run a few nights after we put the littles to bed. I run so much better when I'm with someone and we can talk the entire time. I think we will start running with our kids outside again this week once the snow melts, but for now I will enjoy the time with just us girls. :)
All of us mom's also love going to the Craze, the Library, to each others houses, grocery stores, and our most recent trip was on campus. We took the kids (Nixon, Maddox, Lila, Nora, and Stori) up to see the animals in the Benson. They loveeeed it! We also took them to the green house to see the parrots, fish, and flowers. Then went to the track in the icenter to let them run around and then look at pictures of Jesus. It was a perfect double date for the twins and the red-heads! :)

Stori and I color a lot throughout the day. I have included 2 pictures of Stori's version of fishies. She get's so excited when she draws the fish and dots the little eye. She shouts "FISHHH" and then i decipher where the fish is on the paper. I love that girl.
The picture on the left is with regular markers, and the picture on the right is an app on my phone that she just draws with her fingers.
 
Stori is 19 months now and is talking a lot. Her Nursery leaders tell me that she knows all the songs they sing and is very obedient. She is great at cleaning up and knowing where everything in our house goes. If I ask her to do something she listens and does it or says "hand" and grabs my hand to help her. Her creative imaginary play is amazing, and her babies are so loved and are always wrapped in their specific blankies. They also have a bed (the rocking chair) where they go "nigh nigh" a lot. She is great about sharing her pretend food and drinks with everyone, is very interested in the potty, turns her blankets into pillows while sleeping, loves picnics in our living room, randomly shouts "Go" when on top of something high and then dives off even if no one is there to catch her, loves popcorn, sings and plays ring around the roses by herself, loves swimming but not if dad's there, still a unique eater, counts to 10 but 4,5,7,8,9 all sound the same, and loves to give the baby in my tummy kisses. I LOVE HER and her sweet/sassy little attitude!

1 comment:

  1. Oh...your posts are fun! I haven't read in a while because I get updates on the fam blog. I miss Stori even if she doesn't miss me. I gotta tell ya, I laughed pretty hard at your perv husband. It took me a minute to figure out why "boys will be boys". Funny perv.

    ReplyDelete