Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Pregnancy update

30 WEEKS!! Goodness gracious that's a long time that I've been pregnant. 
And so weird that I keep forgetting I'm pregnant. You would think my giant belly would help with remembering that. I guess the trick is to have a 22 month old who is attached to you at all times.

Anywhoo, here is my update...
*We have finally decided on a name! The only reason we would change the name is if:
 (a. we find a better one, duh. 
(b. if Kate Middleton uses the same name
or
(c. if we discover it also sounds good with Kardashian

But we are fairly confident that no famous person will be using this name any time soon. 
(And if they do, it's because they saw how cute our little girl is with this name).
*I see the Dr. every 2 weeks now
*I passed my glucose test 2 weeks ago
and
* At my Dr. appointment today, I was measuring 1 week behind (boo!) and my baby is measuring a week ahead so maybe it will all even out?

I grabbed this little questionnaire from babycenter because I keep forgetting to update about my pregnancy and this should be a good way to formulate my thoughts--because let's be real, my pregnancy brain is kind of fried. So here goes. 

How far along: 30 weeks!
Total weight gain: rhymes with shmineteen
Maternity clothes: yes and no. I only own a few maternity outfits. Most of the time I'm in my yoga pants and a t-shirt.
Stretch marks: Just the few from last pregnancy around my belly button so far.
Sleep: amazing! I haven't really needed to use the bathroom in the middle of the night yet, and I'm still pretty comfortable. Plus Stori sleeps 12 hours at night which is fantastic.
Best moment of this week: Dan taking the LSAT and hanging out with friends. (my answer is not pregnant related, but then again remember how I keep forgetting I'm pregs...)
Miss anything: sleeping on my stomach!!!!
Movement: SO much movement. My belly looks like something is literally trying to come out of it at times. We call it the baby wave or baby roll, because she will start on the right side of my belly and we will watch as she literally moves my whole stomach as she ends up on the left side! Coolest feeling ever.
Food cravings: Oddly enough, haven’t felt as hungry as usual this past week..maybe I’m beginning to run out of room in there! And I would also say ice cream, but that's nothing new to pregnancy.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just Obama
Have you started to show yet: OHHH YEAHHH!
Gender: Girl!!
Labor signs: A few Braxton Hicks, but those have stopped now that I've stopped running. We walk 5 miles/day now instead and that has helped. And the Dr. told me to take Magnesium pills and those work great also. 
Belly button in or out: OUT! and has been since about week 12. I like to make people feel it. haha
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: This is probably a question for Dan to answer. I choose happy though. :)
Looking forward to: All of my family coming to visit starting next week!
And now for my first ever dreaded-selfie. and to make it even worse, it's in a MIRROR! 
I'm so ashamed. 
Plus, I think my stomach is bigger in real life. I will have dan take one later and hopefully replace this nastiness.
P.S. I just had to include this picture of Stori. She got this shirt at a 6 months Dr visit and it just now fits... somehow it's a lot creepier now that she's almost 2 hahaha...

4 comments:

  1. love the selfie! you are so pretty! and tiny. and i can't wait to hear what baby girls name is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that you are happy all the time!!! At least I think so. I am going to have to come visit to see this little baby when you have her...

    Stori is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you forget that you're pregnant at 30 weeks??? Must be the 5 mile walks each day! Sheesh! I guess that's how you've stayed in such great shape. The pic of you looks great :) Wish we could go for walks here. It is just plain too hot and too hilly. We will have to go for some walks when we're there starting in 2 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair in the selfie, by the way! So cute!

    ReplyDelete