Monday, July 8, 2013

the-every-day-kind-of-update.

I sometimes get overwhelmed with blogging---I feel like we do so much fun stuff and I don't get it all documented. If I had any talent in creative writing, I would be updating this blog of mine every day because I feel like each day is better than the last. But while I'm waiting to update my blog on the big interesting things, I decided to post on the small, yet meaningful things.

Small update #1: We have decided to stay at Peterson Pointe until after we have baby Rad 2. Possibly until December. Our original plan was to move out when our contract is over in July and live in Rigby, Lewisville, or IF. The main reasons we decided to stay are: awesome friends, cheap rent, we live close to parks, we have a great ward, and we just got an AC unit from Sam's, so now our apt is even better. Plus I don't want to change a lot of things for Stori because she is going to have the shock of her life when new baby comes---and she's potty training herself pretty much, so I don't want to mess that all up by moving. Dan will still have to drive a lot and spend a lot in gas, but we decided that this is best for now.

Small update #2: Dan got his scores back from the LSAT! He scored a 153!!!! That is a good score that can for sure get us into Law School, especially with his great GPA! However, he has decided to take it again in October to see if her can get a 160 so that he can apply to BYU and U of U. Those are our top pics. It's crazy to think that we only have one more year here! We have loved this journey so much.

Small update #3: Our stupid friends, the Allreds, move in just 2 short weeks!!! I could cry just thinking about it. Stori and Tracen play so well together and I hate the thought of them leaving. We are still recovering from when the Thompsons left us. We have been overly blessed with great friends here in Rexburg. I hope wherever we end up, we find friends like these! Luckily the Foresters don't leave until April!

Small update #4: I'm still pregnant. I am having the hardest time keeping track of how far along I am. I am pretty sure it's around 34 weeks??? but I'll have to do the math again. At my last Dr. apt I had to have another ultra sound because I am measuring behind just like I did with Stori. Luckily everything looked great and I am in fact measuring right on. The Dr. phrased it like this: "well, you just have great birthing hips."
 haha geez thanks doc! Just what I wanted to hear! But I guess it is a good thing even though it sounds horrible. The baby is head down and just sort of stays in my "deep hips" making it appear to the Dr. that I am measuring behind. He says he will do as many ultra sounds as he needs to make sure that everything continues to look great. He doesn't want to settle with "just ok." Which I appreciate

Small update #5: Astoria Rose. Just her in general. She changes so much each and every day! She knows all the words to all the nursery songs and knows most words to her favorite movies. I put Enchanted on the other day and she starting singing along---we haven't watched that movie in several months! She counts from 1-14 (after 14 is eleven-teen). She knows colors, letter sounds, the abc's, and she knows which roads to take to get to granny's house. She calls her baby sister by name and even thanks Heavenly Father for her in her personal prayers. It's too cute and sometimes my heart almost explodes! I love being a mom! She is addicted to the park and playing outside, so our mornings are spent outside, then I get to relax during nap time, then back outside for us after that! I have a pretty great life!

Well that's my update of the day. I feel a little bit better about documenting my blog.
P.S. Family is here for a long time and we have enjoyed going out to my mom's house several times a week to play! Stori has loved it! More on that later.
top left---girl movie night with the Foresters. Lila and Stori let us wrap them up like babies and actually almost fell asleep :) Other 3 photos from our daily park trips that turn into water park trips also.


A random puppy that found it's way into Stori's arms at my moms house. One of my favorite pictures of her!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bahhh---way to put me almost into tears thinking about moving! we are so sad to be leaving, and I can't even start to think about how sad Tracen is going to be, we might have to come visit every other weekend!

    I was trying to figure out how far along you were today - glad to know i'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete