Monday, March 31, 2014

oh just talking about stuff

Today I sat at the computer for a good hour looking at housing for Law School. I looked at cute cottages that literally had picket fences. I saw Town-homes that had so much character that made you  see right past the hefty price tag. I saw duplexes with granite counter tops, 2 bathrooms and a washer/dryer. Then I saw the apartments that looked as though only single boys had lived in them. Definitely no washer or dryer. 0% character or charm. Even the pictures look smelly.
But here's the thing: I would still live in that apartment.
I would live in the most un-homey of places as long as we got to be together as a family. no-brainer.

The truly sad part of this tale, is that all these places I have been looking at aren't even at the Law School Dan has been accepted to. These are all hopeful homes in the land of BYU. ahhh doesn't that just sound so nice. BEE WHY YOU. 

We heard back from U of U and Dan didn't get accepted there. (a small tragedy) We were both pretty excited to make SLC our home.

We heard back from Wyoming---he got an amazing scholarship there, but it just doesn't seem to... fit.

And of course there's U of I. YOU of EYE. Truth be told, it's actually a great school with an equally great scholarship. It will be a great place to live. It will be an adventure unlike anything we have experienced together. Housing there is pretty affordable. 
BUT it just doesn't seem like home.
I'm sure the reason for that is simply that we have never been there. We don't have fun memories already formed. We have no idea what roads lead to what stores, or what friends are there waiting for us. 
I am certain that I will love living there. How could I not love living somewhere with my 2 tiny humans and my handsome hubby? 

It's just that darn BYU that is taking over my thoughts for some reason. It keeps saying, "warmer weather, closer to family, LDS school, close to 2 Temples, cougar football games, cozy neighborhoods, close to friends, etc. etc." annoying right?!

Well, if anyone has been to U of I, I would love to hear some uplifting stories that will convince my ever beating BYU heart. :)

Ok, let me focus on something else----here are some cute pics from my phone before we got new ones...
while playing at Shasha's house it got reallllyyy quiet... we took off looking for them and found them upstairs in bed. Lila Rose was reading a book to Stori Rose... talk about cuteness!

fixing hair
first park day of the year. Man I miss being close to Porter Park!
^^ Sylvie's first time swinging was a success! ^^
She was giggling so hard and it was making everyone around us laugh. Stori was laughing so hard she got the hiccups! :)
pretend sleeping on the stairs. I would do this ALL the time when I was little, and on these exact stairs even.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had some good things to say about U of I... but I am still going to hold out for BYU and maybe that is why it feels like home? Those cute redheads make my heart happy, but I miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever happens- you will make the best of it and be happy, I'm sure :) I have learned through all the many moves I've been through over the years (20 so far!)- it doesn't matter where you are- home is where your little family is :)

    ReplyDelete