Wednesday, November 19, 2014

LSM: visitors and such

Didn't quite realize how long it had been since I posted, until I got a friendly text from my mom. I had to shamefully admit that I had been pre-occupied with Gilmore Girls, and had neglected this here blog. So while baby rad 2 naps, I will hurry and post this so that I will be able to watch more Gilmore Girls tonight after the kids are asleep and dan is back at the law school…. :)

I actually DID write a blog last week, but forgot to publish it I guess… so this is from last week.
making the most of the last of the warm fall days.
"Hey mom, you wanna take a picture of me with these cute little duckies?" Yes I do Stori!
I really, sorta, kinda, definitely love that guy! 
on our Sunday walk. Pointing to Provo!
dan made it to the BYU law instagram page. neat-o
officially checked Bean Museum off our list: which surprisingly had zero beans.
all the kids thought this was the best part of the museum.
we tried for a family photo there. key word:tried
Dan met up with us after the Bean Museum for some Cafe Rio with the Peterson's 
and got home and took a family selfie

Stori LOVED having cousins come play overnight!

 But Sylvie was simply disgusted with them. ;) She threw up all night while they were here! ha
finally made our Olaf craft
This girl ditched crawling altogether around her 14 month mark. (yikes, now she's 15 months… I really need to blog more)
I would say November has been our month of visitors: Allreds, Foresters, Petersons (tracen and melissa), Ty and Jen, Ty and Jen again, and cute niece Emmy. Stori was pretty much obsessed with her. Emmy entertained her the whole time she was here and Stori was very sad as she drove away. 

We love having visitors! I would say that this is one of the greatest things about going to Law School in Provo. It is such a fun place and close to so many family and friends. 
So if you need a place to shop, tour, explore, or even just drive through, I HIGHLY suggest you make that destination Provo! And make sure to come play with us.
It's still relatively warmish (45* not bad for end of Novemer), and now the Mountains have beautiful white snow since we got our first snow last week. It melted the next day, but the girls loved it! 



And I loved the snow too because that meant SDR got in the Christmas mood and did this:

We put up the tree for FHE while we all watched A Christmas Carol, ate popcorn, made our Santa list, and enjoyed our room being lit by our 5 yr old Christmas tree….
I still have about 7 boxes of ornaments to put on the tree, but I think I will leave them off this year in case Sylvie gets any ideas. So right now I only have "special" ornaments on there: our ornaments from all our vacations, from family, from friends, "first Christmas" ones, and homemade stocking ones. 
Stori's name-writing is starting to look a little more like her name! :)
Dan is really busy with school right now. I keep saying that every week, but now he is preparing for finals. Next week we go to California for Thanksgiving, and then he only has one week until the end of school!  I CANNOT WAIT for Christmas break where I will get to see him more than 2 hours a a day. (and those 2 hours are pretty hectic because it's dinner time, play with kids, put the kids to bed, and then head back to school. Better than no hours I s'pose)
 Last Saturday he took a much needed guys night out to the BYU football game. He said he had a lot of fun but his toes took a few days to stop being tingly. haha

the end.

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with your blog updates because I am obsessed with your family. How are you such a master when it comes to decorating? And also when it comes to making cute babies!!!! Provo is close, and I am glad we see you guys more - but still NOT close enough. And who watches a christmas carol anyways/????? JOKES!!

    ReplyDelete