Saturday, November 22, 2014

3 months until Nursery

3 months until nursery sounds so far away! I've never had to entertain a 15 month old at church, because Stori went into Nursery at this age. Our ward only had one other kid so they asked if Stori could go in. I guess I took for granted how nice that was.
This little Sylvie munchkin is such a busy girl during the last 2 hours of church. Last week Dan was stuck in the clerks office, so I had to take Syvlie to YW with me. all the girls loved having her climb on their laps, but it was a little distracting! ;) luckily dan came and got her after about 15 minutes.

She's a talkative little human and says about 5-7 words, and mimics certain phrases. Her favorites phrases right now are "whatsthat?" and "itsgoood" It's kind of like she speaks in hashtags.
She also knows her animal sounds; cow, doggy, kitty, ducky, tiger, bird, and dinosaur.
New word week--- she said "swings" when we were at the park playing yesterday, and then said it again when I wanted her to showoff for her daddy.

She loves being a little walker now and LOVES playing with big sis. They chase each other, dance together, have dress-up parties, push each other in strollers, and occasionally fight over the Rapunzel dress-up doll or holding mom's hand.

She acts like she is just starving for my attention. Dan took Stori on a date to Macy's (ya, she picked a grocery store) and the sescond Stori walked in, she threw her cup of cheerios and dove into my lap, holding on for dear life. Stori came and gave me a hug and Sylvie waited until she left to ease up her grip. I've got to admit---it is nice to be the favorite! ;)

She finally decided to get some teeth. She has upper and lower centrals, and 2 molars in the back---one on top, and one on bottom--both on the left side. What an odd little duck.

She is genuinely a very happy child. She fake laughs when she isn't doing a real laugh---and I enjoy both. I don't enjoy the 2 times a day when she flings herself to the ground in a tantrum however. I usually walk away and return only when she (1) realizes that she is embarrassing herself, and (2) realizes that I am her favorite person in the world and she can't stand to have me out of sight for one more second. So it works out for both of us in the end.

Still taking 2 naps, and sleeping about 11 hrs at night. Except last week, when I suspect those molars where coming through. She would wake up around one, need a good cuddle, and then go back down.

And I'm just gonna pull the slacker mom card for these photos… All the pictures I have of her lately are blurry, and her hair isn't fixed in any of them. 
At least she has a good personality.   :)
she could do this alllll day
Pretend showers 2x's a day.  One can never be too careful about pretend hygiene.
Daniel Tiger teaches them how to do this I'm sure
finding treasures in the toy box while impersonating a homeless girl. 
I wonder if she could feel her legs the rest of the day after this?
Dressing up with big sister. Always. This particular look is called, "princess ariel of Frozen." Stori's words, not mine.

This girl.
She's a tender, funny, freaking cute, ridiculously loved little munchkin. Stori is her #1 fan and tells me that when she grows up she wants to have a baby just like Sylvie. :)
We sure love her. (But would't it be nice if she were in Nursery ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment