Tuesday, February 10, 2015

CHECK.

I have probably 30 things on my 'Provo Bucket-list', and I am doing pretty good at checking them off! And on Friday, I crossed off a pretty big one. Not only did I see NieNie (Stephanie Nielson, the Mormon blogger who was burned in an airplane crash), but I actually talked to her!
Well….. I guess, she talked to me and I nervously responded.
We pulled into Target at the same time, shopped all the same isles together, and when we got close to the Valentines isle, she came up to me and told me how cute my kids were! SHE came up to ME! I was a little star struck and smiled at her and just said, "he he, Thanks so much he he"
 REALLY? That was all I could say? She took the time to approach me and I could have at least commented on her cute kids also! Or tell her what an amazing example she is, or that I love her inspiring story, or that she had a really cute coat on? Nope, not my style.
I texted Dan about the situation and he said:
"Really?? That was your chance to become her best friend! Why didn't you say anything else? Silly Melanie! You know what's going to happen…Her next blog post will be about meeting a lady at Target who had really cute kids, but wouldn't talk to me because of my condition…"
Haha I laughed pretty hard at that text!

Anywho, not sure why this needs a whole blog post, but it does. Her story is truly amazing!

Other local celebrities I have met since living in Provo:
Cjane (NieNie's sister and blogger) also at Target
Taza (another mormon blogger from NYC with about 285K followers) at cafe rio
Mindi Gledhil (mormon indie singer) at Walmart



These are all my stalker photos of NieNie. I'm not ashamed.

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha this is perfect. We are going to hang out at target all day when I come visit. just. in. case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing something right, and must basically be living the celebrity life because you are in all the right places. Also - your kids are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, i wished you would have talked to her. she is so amazing. i love to read her blog. I hope you find out soon
    what is wrong with Storie.

    ReplyDelete