Wednesday, February 18, 2015

LSM: placement break-ish

Each semester at BYU Law, there is a week long break that is a time set aside for students to go on interviews for future job offers or externships. Well, since Dan is a first year and already has his externship lined up for the summer, we will be just taking this time to hang out. He will do quite a bit of homework during the day, but only until about 4 or 5 and then we get to play!
We originally wanted to go somewhere warm for the break (Vegas, St. George, Moab etc.), but that was before we found out we wouldn't be getting our tax returns back in time AND before Dan realized that he has a large brief due on Monday and about 30 pages of outlines he needs to start. Lame.

So a nice relaxing week in Provo sounds just perfect...
+swimming at the Rec Center--CHECK! did that today for about 3.5 hours. Stori finally mastered the water slides all by herself, and Sylvie got herself a nice shiner on her left eye from the same water slides. poor baby. AND I saved a drowning infant there! True story! she was under the water trying to reach her head up… and I have no idea why I thought to go over by the slides, because my kids were in the big pool, but I ran over as fast as I could, and lifted her up held her tight until she started breathing. No mom in sight!!! She was Syvlie's size! about a minute later the mom came running over to me and thanking me. every time she saw me, she made a point to come up and thank me. Makes my legs weak just thinking about that girl and if I hadn't seen her! (and there were lifeguards there the whole time too)!!!
anywhoooo… other things on the list that hopefully won't be as dramatic...
+spring cleaning--to happen on thursday while Dan is busy writing.
+running together each morning outside---if the weather cooperates. So far so good.
+family dates---to Target, possibly Hogle Zoo, and Chic fil A
+Storytime at the library
+Park days with a helper (pretty excited about this one)---the kids will be so spoiled because he is way more fun than me.
+Plasma donating--once dan gets his lab results back and once I get my physical completed.
+Exploring Utah Lake--Check! did that yesterday! It is so beautiful! My only ward friend just moved out there and we got to help her take stuff to her new house by the lake and drool over how pretty the houses are!
+planning a baby shower and a YW lesson
+play dates with the Foresters.
+and possibly hiking the Y if we have a good weather day!

any and all visitors are welcome to join. :)

and yes, I do realize that all my pictures are at the "yellow park" but it is only because the temps have been in the 60's and we are there all morning and all afternoon/evening. Pretty much the only time we are home, is for Sylvie's nap… so park pictures it is!











top right is SDR! how cute!:)

1 comment:

  1. Provo stay-cation? So fun! I am a little bit jealous.... can we please plan a trip together? We just went to Hogle ZOo on Saturday and it was so much fun. I just miss you and your girls so much... and your awesome life-saving skills are always good to have around. I also think that one night you and Dan should get take-out from a new restaurant and have an at home date night. Am I rambling yet??? I JUST MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete