Friday, May 29, 2015

Dear 40 year old me,

I just finished the book, What Alice Forgot, (yes, I actually put down the Netflix remote) and it talks about her losing 10 years worth of her memory. The last thing she remembers is being pregnant with her first baby, and happily married. After she passes out and wakes up, she finds out that she has 3 kids, and a husband she is divorcing. Depressing right?
It is such a good book though and really makes you think about life, and how horrible it would be to forget all the small yet wonderful day to day things. 
So here are a few things right now, in my boring yet exciting life, that i don't want to forget when I turn 40:

Stori's first "bad word." On our way home from Jackson she was looking for her Flynn Rider doll. I found it and jokingly said, "hey who's this guy I just found?" Stori replies with, "that's Flynn rider ya IDIOT!" Haha she said it so sassy but not mean at all! She said she heard it at the grocery store that day. She felt really bad that she said it and hopefully she doesn't start picking up on words Dan or I say! ;)

I would hate to forget her very personal and unique prayers.... Thank thee for the holy ghost, that's actually a nice ghost, the corn in my taco soup, Jesus, the neverbeast, for Sylvie to be normal like me and grow up listening to me while I listen to mama, thank thee for Porter park & carousel, for Thomas s monson, for kwazzi the cat, for temples and my hair to grow like punzels all the way to the ground from my special tower for friends to climb but not to be ouchie, thank thee for mommy to be a princess, and colorful marshmallows...etc she is very specific with them and  glad she realizes all her blessings! :)
I love how much she loves her sister, and family. She is queen of saying I love you, and giving out hugs and kisses. She has the cutest voice I've ever heard, and loves to talk all day about anything! 

I don't want to forget how Sylvie is developing her own spicy, yet so darn sweet personality. Says the sweetest things, but also mastered the cutest "no, no, no," and "mine." She's polite and is great at saying, "mama, more, please." And "thank youuu." Her eye lashes are so long they practically reach above her eye brows!
 She has known her letters and their sounds since about 19 months. She points them out on shirts, shows, books, etc.
 Loves horsies and pop tarts more than anyone I know. Hates all forms of veggies right now. (Unless she dips them in ranch). She is NOT a morning person while she's teething, but IS a night person and is so ticklish right under her chin. She's a poser, a dancer, a singer, a bike lover, moms shadow, and a fun daughter who can just play and play and play! 

I don't want to forget That Dan is stressing about the future and how he can provide for us, despite my efforts to convince him that I don't want to be rich. He's a smart law student, a great dad who plays with his kids, a great husband who rubs my feet nightly, a best friend that I love spending every spare minute with, and overall one of the very best people I know!

I sure hope I don't forget this perfectly imperfect life we have going on right now...it's kind of the best!



^^we have only had one day where the hammock was dry, but I know it will bring us daily happiness in the future!

^^made a hailman during one of the worst hail storms my eyes have ever seen!


Memorial Day in Wyoming


^^Signal mountain
^^always cuddling
ALWAYS CRAZY!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I need to read this book. Funny thing though is that I went to the library and FORGOT what the book was called HAH! And I am LOVING your long hair. Love those girls of yours, they are the sweetest and Dan is such a hard worker that he won't have any problem providing you guys with what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I want to read this depressing book. I have also decided to put down the Netflix remote and pick up some books again, so send me all the recommendations you have! Also, for why did we not get a picture together last week? Also, I hate that we didn't get together for a double decker.

    ReplyDelete