Monday, February 5, 2018

Last days in Idaho

Man oh man, was this such a roller coaster move for our kids. They would be SO excited to move back to utah and mountains, then 5 minutes later they were sobbing because they didn't want to move away from family and their friends. Sylvie was more on board with the move, but Stori took a bit of convincing. I think I may have even promised them a horse if they became happy about the move. ;)
They really did have such great friends in Idaho, but since we have been in Harrisville, they have already started to make new best friends. Such good little kiddos.
Sylvie's teacher sent me this picture of her on her last day of preschool. she also sent home a note for sylvie telling her how much she loved having her in class and what a good friend she was to everyone. Sylvie loved her princess academy!!

I surprised Stori on her last day of class by taking sugar cookies to share with all the kids. Her face when she saw me in class was priceless! I think she felt like a movie star handing out those cookies. She introduced me to all of her friends and giggled so much. It was really cute to see what good little friends they all were in there.
We didn't get a picture of her with all her friends, but Shiloh and Aurora made it into one of them.
This is her cute teacher, Mrs. Killian. She was the best. She texted me the day before we moved and offered to have her husband come and help us load stuff in the moving trailer. And since moving to Utah, she has texted stori two different times, telling her that she misses her and checking up on her new teacher.



Ok, this next picture is so heartbreaking---I have a similar picture of her like this in my photo library, but I couldn't make myself post it because it was too sad. Huge tears and red splotchy face from crying so much. So here's the story about this sad stori....
The last day of school, her friend Aurora invited her to her house for her sisters bday party. It lasted 3 hours and when I came to get her, Stori, Aurora, and Shiloh were all huddled sitting down in a circle SOBBING uncontrollably...I couldn't even get Stori to stand up she was crying so hard. So dramatic, but also so very sweet. Her friend Aurora told me  (through sobbing breaths) that "Stori was her best friend that always played with her and that she was the dearest friend she had ever made." how dang cute is that. I tried to tell Stori that she was lucky enough to have found such good friends that it made saying goodbye so hard. Such a sweet tender little thing. In this picture, she had grabbed the iPad and put on "remember me" from coco....the words to that song are so sad, so she cried through the whole thing haha.

packing frantically because we had found a place that would let us move in 3 weeks sooner than we had planned. These two were no help at all haha.

hahaha dan and his tennis shoes at church. In all the haste to pack, I packed his church shoes. I also packed all of my clothes and shoes, so I wore my moms church dress, tights, and boots. good thing we are the same size! ha.


These are just some 1st grade things we got from her teacher. The little report card is fun to see. Stori made her AR goal of reading 20 points within the first week of being assigned. She technically had until March 1st to get it done, but on the weekends she would choose to read books and take tests, so she got them done so fast. Her teacher told me that she had 40 puts when most kids still have 15-20. She read a total of 80 books from October-January, and even got to the point that she could finish a chapter book in one day. Such a good little girl who loves to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment