Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Spiral Jetty

On Memorial Day, we decided to NOT go hiking or camping like the rest of America, but went to the Spiral Jetty instead. As the crow flies, it's only 33 miles from us, but it took us about 1 1/2 hours to get there because of the dirt roads and the fact that there is a mountain range to go around. But it was pretty cool. On the way there we drove past some wild Mustangs---which was my first time seeing some and it was so cool--we also drove past the Golden Spike at Promontory Summit. that's where the Transcontinental Railroad connects to the Central Pacific, and Union Pacific railroads. Pretty cool.

Once we got to the Spiral Jetty, I was a little underwhelmed. It was a lot smaller than I thought. I kinda thought we made a mistake having this be our adventure. But once we got down to the water by the jetty, i immediately regretted my initial thoughts. it was amazing! the water was sooo pink and purple!! It was impossible to capture in a photo, but I promise it was. I'll include a photo from instagram that someone took from their drone. It also has info about why it is so pink.






There were so many salt crystals everywhere, and also orange pools. Some pretty amazing things.
















Georgia and Sylvie always hold hands while we are driving and I think it's absolutely adorable.
Girl crew at the jetty.

No comments:

Post a Comment