Monday, April 26, 2021

We are RICH!

 Our first day in Harrisville, I took all 3 kids to Winco while dan was at work. It was raining a bit, and I was questioning my decision to go shopping by myself. I had to use my map to take me to the store and felt so nervous. But I definitely needed food. haha. I loaded all 3 kids into the cart so I could keep them close while I shopped. The very first isle we went on, this older grandpa came up to me and said, "you are doing a good job with those beautiful red heads. Would you mind if I gave them a dollar so you guys can go get some ice cream after this?" It was only $3 and it was only ice cream, but that very first experience in our very first store, in our brand new city was exactly what I needed. 

This last weekend I was shopping with the girls while Dan was camping. This lady came up to us and said, "I don't get to see my grandkids very much because they live so far away. Is it okay if I spoil your girls?" She gave them each $5 to buy anything they wanted. That made us all feel so happy inside. The girls all said they want to be able to do that for someone some day. What a small, but huge thing that lady did. 

Just 2 weeks ago, Georgia and I were on our way to Winco when I had the impression to stop at ROSS's (which is just next door to Winco). I had already been to ROSS that week, so I really didn't want to go in there, but I stopped anyway. Well as we walk in, Georgia sees this beautiful HOT PINK tank top and asks to look at it. Right under that tank top was $336 CASH!!! Holy smokes! for a split second I got so excited! (This will pay for gas to California and food on the way, and then some)! but then I instantly felt sick. What if I had lost that money. I didn't want to turn it into the teenage workers..."sure we will get this to it's owner *goes and buys drugs* haha). But I also didn't want to keep it. So I just told them that I found some cash on the ground and that if someone calls and asks for it, to give them my number and I would have them identify the amount. I didn't tell them how much I found, because I thought they might call and fake it. Well about an hour later I get a call from a frantic lady. She went on and on about how this had been the hardest month of her life and was so grateful that I found the money. We made plans to meet at LEE's to give it back to her, and when I showed up, she gave me a $50 gift card to Amazon as a thank you. She texted me several times after that and just thanked me over and over. She said she never thought she would get it back and was so grateful I was the one that found the money. As silly as it sounds, I really feel like I was supposed to be the one to find that money. We didn't get "rich" that day, but meeting that lady was exactly what all of us girls needed to know about kind people. She was as kind and grateful as they come.

One day when Dan was at work,  I was out running with the girls (Stori and Sylvie on their bikes, Georgia in the stroller), and we came upon a $5 bill on the ground. We searched and asked people if it was there's, but no one claimed it! Only $5 but a fun free dinner from Little Caesars haha. 

I feel like all of these things happen when it's just me and the girls haha. So here are some examples of how Dan also is involved in "rich" stories.

Our first summer in Harrisville, Dan's boss invited us to go with him to Willard Bay. He had access to all the water toys; the blob, rock climbing, trampoline, swings, kayaks, jet skis etc. To rent those things, it would be about $500 for the evening and we got to experience it all for free. Just what we needed to know that Dan had great bosses. His other boss also took us swimming at the Lorin Farr pool (sandlot pool), and ordered pizza for everyone. We definitely weren't destitute or anything, but as a recent Law School grad, all these kind things made us feel so loved. We have also been able to his use boss's Saint George house several times over the years. These are some seriously great people Dan works with. (also, this older lady made dan a doily with RADFORD crocheted into it. such a sweet time consuming thing to do for someone).

Besides money, we also feel so rich with all the friends we (our kids especially) have made here. I was called to be in the Stake Primary Presidency right after moving in, and shortly after Dan was called to be Elders Quorum President. Between our 2 callings we got to know soooo many people, and I can honestly say this area has about the nicest people EVER. We feel like that is one of the reasons we were supposed to be here. Our best friend couple told us once that we were an answer to prayers during a difficult time in their lives. That right there makes us feel like the richest people in the world. 

But sorta still wish that $336 never got claimed haha jokes jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment