Monday, September 6, 2010

Be jealous!

We have had so many fun adventures and traveled so much while Dan has been out of school! Oh how we hate to see our 7 week break go!
Good news though, Dan planned a 'surprise day date' for me last weekend and it was perfect! We started out at Mesa Falls. (The date we never had because I kept ditching him every time he asked me to go when we were dating haha). la la la, change of subject :) but Steven Daniel packed and made us a picnic (I even got an 'I LOVE YOU MEL' on my sandwich). Could he be any cuter??? Straight from Mesa we headed to Yellowstone again, one of our FAVORITE places!!! We were in awe of all the beauties we kept discovering ....................especially.............the.......... GRZZLY BEAR! And I'm not talking about the type of bears that Dan thinks he sees, (what we know as dogs haha) but this is a real life GRIZZLY BEAR!!! And that is the part that you are suppose to be jealous of! You jealous? :) It walked RIGHT in front of us, we're talking like, less than 15 ft away. I had such weak legs! Luckily we were still in our car, we were about to get out to start hiking down to the lower falls of the Grand Canyon, but were stopped by the bear walking out of the forrest towards our trail. Our timing was perfect!!! It was as if Daniel paid that bear to walk past us as part of the date! We got the O.K. from the ranger that it was safe to hike and so we did. It was beautiful and we wanted to tell everyone we passed that we just saw a grizzly bear and they didn't! haha. But this was by far our most animal packed jellystone trip ever! We stayed there 'til sunset and then ate in West Yellowstone at our new favorite pizza place, 'Wild West.' We had so much fun spending the ENTIRE day together. We played 20 questions the whole time and laughed the whole time! I love being married and I love steven daniel. Oh, and he loves me too! :) Thanks a whole heap for the best 'SURPRISE DAY DATE' ever!! and to the grizzly bear, thanks for not disappointing!
Okay, so that is our wonderful Grizzly bear. Now here is where our date began.
Mesa Falls.

Our picnic

The photographer and his assistant

Then it was off to Yellowstone. These bottom 2 pictures were actually taken the week before our date when we went to the Playmill with my work. We saw Beauty and the Beast and then ate at Wild West! oh it was perfect!

And some of our animal sightings

What a perfect day and I sincerely hope you are all jealous! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, yeah, you saw a grizzly bear. But did you can apple pie filling? I think we both know which of us should be jealous here!

    ReplyDelete