Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What I learned from school...

So Dan and I got to talkin' a few weeks ago and we realized that we have NEVER had a class together. I graduated too soon I suppose (Bachelors degree in 5 years-yes, that was years not semesters)! I quickly sorted out my options and ruled out enrollment due to; homework, cost, my job, too many credits, and quite frankly, desire.
Simlple. I'll just go to school with him for a day and call it good.

So last Friday I went to classes with him...and loved it! We went to Accounting, library time on the 1st floor, Graphic Design, and then a work out in the Hart. I sure loved being back on campus and pretending to be a student again. I even took my backpack with me to fit in. But something interesting happened in one hour of class time that NEVER happened in my whole 5 years at BYUI. I found out what I wanted to do when I grow up.
Design fabric. I know its something Iwill never be able to do, but oh how I love color. Oh how I love funky and vintage and pattern and all things plaid! :) It makes sense that my favorite part about blogging is designing the header and my favorite part about sewing is the fabric. In fact I could buy yards and yards of fabric and not even make anything. Really I could, I can prove it. If only I would have found out this love BEFORE I graduated.
Ah well, ya live ya learn. Atleast at my job I get to pick out funky colors for people to put on their braces. It's kinda the same! :)

2 comments:

  1. You would be so good at that! You should just go for it anyway! Why not?! Then you could send me tons of free fabric and I would make quilts out of it. I am so glad that you are doing good and miss you tons! Send me samples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do it! do it! you have so much life left to live. i'm not even going to do a career with my degree. i want to do something totally different.

    ReplyDelete