Friday, May 20, 2011

Baby Trivia

So you wanna know Baby Rad's name eh? I wish we knew for sure.
Well...to be completely honest...we do have one that we are kind of in LOVE with. But it is definitely OUT THERE and it is definitely one to think about. Not everyone that we've told has a positive reaction to it and we're wondering if we should be concerned.....????
We don't want some boring shmoring name that just anyone can have, however, we don't want people to absolutely despise our beautiful Baby Rad because of her name. Makes sense right?
As much as I want to say the name, I just can't. I'm not ready for everyone in the world {'cause everyone in the world reads this} to tell me how much they hate it. My sister said it's best to wait to announce the name until the baby is born because it will already be linked to a human and maybe they won't judge it as much.
BUT, I will share some clues to this enigmatic name.

Trivia Level: Advanced
a) the meaning is "like a hawk"
b) it's a location
c) you may crave a specific candy bar upon hearing it
d) babycenter doesn't know a single other person with this name
e) and its nickname can be read.
Welp. best of luck.

P.S. I now go to the Dr. every 2 weeks....that means it's getting realllly close! I can't believe I only have 8 weeks left! The Dr. was very pleased with my results after drinking my sugary drink (which tasted like a melted Otter Pop-not too bad). He said he would love to hire me to teach other pregnant women how to be so healthy. So good work Baby Rad. We sure love ya!

7 comments:

  1. mel--FYI: you make a seriously cute prego person. and just so you know, i felt similarly with naming nova. we had really weird reactions to her name too, but we LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. when we told family her name before she was born, they were like, "WHAT? like a super nova, and like nova scotia?" and i would say, "ummmmm...no, just nova, like a really cute little girl, nova. and thanks for the commentary." and it finally came down to the fact that it was our baby and we could (and should) name her what we loved, and we did. we still get weird reactions with nova's name sometimes, but we love it for what it means, and that its unique and it just fits her. don't worry about what other people think--she is going to be totally adorable. and i am excited to hear what the name is! just remember what 98 degrees sings at the end of mulan: just be true to your heart.....hahahahaha! j/k. (didn't we go see them in concert FOREVER ago? do you remember that?) and this is the end of my enormously long winded post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serious! How cute are you?! And NOT COOL (said in Despicable Me voice)... now I am extremely curious about the mysterious name. And I know there is not even a 5% chance I will figure out your crazy trivia questions! :P I agree with Suzi. P.S. Suzi, you make me laugh! For the record I love the name Nova!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i just spent too much time googling "names that mean like a hawk." i hope you don't use any of the ones i found. they were nast! haha. i was going to write about how sue and dan named their daughter nova and she's basically the cutest thing ever. sue clearly beat me to that. the nickname clue is really throwing me just fyi...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I was just updating my diaper totals on my blog...you should defiantly check them out and start STOCKPILING!!! There are always really good Huggies coupons if that's the kind your interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha....this is WAAAYYY too much fun! Whatchamacalit? ha Sue...how could I forget that concert... remember the first time I laughed? :) And I'm glad you said that about the name. Makes me feel much better about announcing baby Rad's name if I ever decide to. I just love how excited Dan gets when I say that I like the name he came up with. That right there seals the deal for me! :) I'll post some more hints later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get the candy bar clue

    ReplyDelete