Saturday, September 3, 2011

blessing day

Astoria Rose got blessed...

...and found her hand.


Her daddy did a really great job with the blessing. He sounded like an experienced father blessing his 8th child. It was really beautiful and put a lot of pressure on us as parents to make sure that we are good examples to her and teach her all that we can. Grandpa Radford noticed that SDR was bouncing her really high during the blessing, and as soon as SDR sat down with her, she threw up ALL over her dress. haha. We love this sweet little girl, throw up and all!
showin off her bracelet we made.


I made this blessing dress. No big deal. :) I made it in college before I ever had Astoria, and glad I decided to have her blessed in it. It was either this or the dress I was blessed in. Both good options.
With cousin Hazel in their blessing dresses
Happiest parents in all the land I tell ya! 
With Grandma Faylene
And some of SDR's family
August 28th was a lovely day, and we are so glad that our sweet baby girl is officially Astoria Rose Radford (not victoria like the bishop had announced).

P.S. she also learned how to sign "I love you" and outgrew her premie/newborn clothes.
the "I love you" sign


3 comments:

  1. Wish we could have been there! She is getting so big already! Love all the pictures especially the ones of her looking at her hand and signing "I love You". The blessing dress looks beautiful and your family picture is very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was with you when you made that dress! I'm so happy you got to put it to good use on your adorable little baby!

    ReplyDelete