Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanks of '13

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving in the great land of Clarkston, UT. We just love all things to do with that little town.
//I love it for it's beauty, its size, the people there, great running trails, and the fact that it's nestled up to the mountains.
\\Dan loves it because there is a gas station close by with soda, he can literally mountain bike/hike right out the front door, he can drive 1 mile and be able to shoot his guns, and his un-official BFF lives there! ;)
//Stori loves it because of cousins, pianos and toys.
\\Sylvie loves it because she never get's put down and get's invited on the "no kids allowed" shopping trips.
It is also great because it's just 20 minutes from Logan, which happens to have Hobby Lobby!

So we knew before we went for Thanksgiving that we were going to have a blast.

We got there Wednesday night---Stopped at Aleisas house for pizza and visiting.
Stayed at Meg's house.

Got up Thursday morning for a run/jog/walk/run away from dogs adventure. Meg and Amanda were kind enough to go slow for me. I was so sore from running up and down the hills, and I definitely realized how out of shape I am. Those 3 miles felt like 12!! Didn't I just run the 1st Dam Run 5K while pushing Sylvie? And didn't I just run 4.5 miles with Alicia? sheesh, I think my body was already in post-dinner-coma-mode.

Anyway, we spent the rest of the morning sharing the oven while making sides and pies for dinner. It was sad that there were 2 houses to make dinner at because we weren't able to bake and talk and snack together. Lot's of Christmas music though.

Then over to Aleisas house for the feast. It's weird, but on Thanksgiving I never actually eat that much. I think it's because I spend the whole morning snacking. It was all very tasty though, of course.

For Black Friday we only had 3 places to go, and ZERO of those places required us to get up early and  fight with strangers. The one thing that I did want, however, was a pair of leggings from this little boutique. Long story short, Dan came shopping with us and made me miss them. The very last pair went to the lady in line right in front of me. Literally. I was so sad.

Went to a few more stores and then headed back home after lunch at Sam's Club. Classy.

Dan went shooting and Mt. Biking with Joel. The girls crafted. The kids played (and occasionally had screaming contests. I think Stori won).

Saturday all the girls went shopping again and almost finished Christmas shopping.
Later that day some of us ate at Cafe Sabor and then saw Frozen. It was so much better than I was imagining! We loved it! And I love that it was a musical like Tangled. Stori loved it but kept asking for popcorn. :) Sadly we lost Sylvie's bow in the theatre... 2 day old bow that I made. Ah well, at least we didn't lose Sylvie!

We left Sunday morning and spent the day decorating Christmas Tree's at my mom's house.
All in all, a FABULOUS weekend!
The very worst part...not a single picture was taken on our real camera and only 6 pictures on my phone. Talk about lame!
1. cuddles with meg. say wha??? 2. her shirt=duh, the bow=lost. 3. "I love to see the Temple" stori style 4. three of us share a twin bed. 5. the shortest mark on the wall (hair had to be pushed down for accuracy). and 6. naked oatmeal eating.
and bonus info---it snowed about 5 inches today. Just in time to drive to Washington on Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! You are going to Washington this week?? What for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED IT! just realized I forgot to blog about Thanksgiving! I love this so much can I please just steal it and put it on mine? Like a professional guest blogger?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I just saw this Meg! I would be delighted to be a guest blogger! :)

      Delete