Friday, August 28, 2015

1st day of school x's 2

This year, I had to send two of my babies off to school on the same day! SDR started his second year of Law School and Astoria started preschool. Most of the kids in her class are in it for the 2nd time, but I wasn't about to send her off when she was only 3. No way, no how!
She was so lucky to get into the MWF am class (found out the day before that she was next on the waiting list and the spot was ours if we wanted it). Turns out the class is with her BF Caprice! It made it easier for her (and for me) to go to school and not be sad!

^^also in her class was a girl name Lizzie. Her and stori would always be at the "yellow" park at the same time several times a week and would play Octonauts together! And we always seemed to end up at Story time at the library together too. It's weird actually---never made plans with, or even spoke to, her mom, so it was a fun surprise to see lizzie in her class.
We had a "back to school" dinner the night before. Dan, Ryan, Jon, and Stori were all the back-to-schoolers... And only 1 of those mentioned was excited about it. :)

^^both are looking a little nervous here ha!
Sylvie and I spent the entire preschool time (2.5 hrs) shopping. It is definitely weird (and easy) taking just one kid shopping! So easy that we did it on day 2 also ha! :)
I didn't shed any mom tears, but Sylvie did! She kept looking at Stori's car seat and asking "where she go?" Then I realized that this was their first time really being apart! I really missed her while she was gone... I'm only away from her at church during primary. I picked her up and heard all about preschool on the way home--she is really loving it, so I can't be too sad I guess.

Dan is already into a good schedule for law school. He has all his classes with Ryan or Jon, and doesn't have any class on Fridays. Right now actually, he is climbing mt. Timp with Ryan and Amanda! I think we will have a lot more time with him this year and that makes me excited! sorry Netflix... You won't get as much attention this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment