Tuesday, January 19, 2016

early January 2016

I love the beginning of a new semester for Dan. The real work doesn't start for a few weeks, so when he is done with homework and actual work, we get to play! We have done a lot of swimming so far. My kids are absolutely obsessed with it. Stori finally reached the height of the big, huge, ginormous twisty slides and goes down like a champ. It scares me a little, because she only meets the height requirement by centimeters and i feel like she could get all twisted up in the slides because she is so tiny. My claustrophobic self is glad that she is taking after her father in this aspect.
The beginning of January also feels like it should immediately be spring! I feel like taking down our Christmas decorations is some sort of therapy! :) I was able to take all of it down except these 2 cute snowmen that I wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to. Story made and cut out hers all by herself, and sylvie perfected the cursive "y" on hers. 
We have also made a few new year goals: one of mine is to eat less pop tarts! So far i am failing greatly. Another is to potty train Sylvie... this one is going much better. It is still frustrating because she was pretty much potty trained at 14 months, but I wasn't interested in potty training her when she was so young and we were busy traveling between provo and idaho so much. Rookie move on my part, I should have just done it then!


Dan and I got new callings in our ward. Nursery leaders! I was a little bummed at first: Nursery/Primary are literally the only 2 hours I am not with kids, and now I'm with 15! But it has been a lot of fun because I get to be in there with Dan and a few other fun couples! Plus, I was able to get a 2.5 yr old boy to come to Nursery for the first time EVER! high-five self!

We celebrated MLK day by renting the minions for the kids, and then watching the Help after they snoozed. Of course we downed a lot of popcorn, and I consumed a whole bag of mini Cadbury eggs. Good thing another 2016 goal is to work out more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment