Monday, February 13, 2017

A cute lil' ol' lady, a holiday, and some sunshine.

I LOVE having a little girl in Kindergarten. They have so many dress-up days and celebrations, which bring joy to both of us. 
On the 100th day of school, the kids got to dress up as old people, and she picked out her outfit from stuff she wears all the time haha. We did add the string to the glasses, put baby powder and rollers in her hair, added wrinkles, thick tights and socks, and some treasured jewelry. She had a blast at her party, and looked so darn cute.

^^Stori's smile that she does when she pushes her tongue through her missing tooth spot. Haha. It's not an awkward smile at all.... 
^^pinching the cute little kids' cheeks
^^Sylvie also loves having someone in kindergarten. When we pick up Stori, all of the younger siblings of Stori's friends get to play together until school is out. And then after we pick them up, they all continue to play for up to an hour just outside the school. It's amazing how those 7 kids can entertain themselves on cement steps and a handicap ramp for so long.
^^ Stori made a necklace out of 100 pieces of cereal, (for the 100th day), and was more than happy to share her necklace with June Bug. They kept taking bike breaks to fuel up.
We have had a few near 70* days here in Provo, and it feels so good to bust out of hibernation. The first day it was 68* we were only inside when it got dark. Went for 3 different walks, a bike ride, a park trip, and some sidewalk chalk outside our back door. Oh how we are craving summer something bad!!
^^ we hit up the library several times a week, and this is one of my favorite views.
^^Galentine's party at Hazels house with friends. We had a 'pink everythig' waffle party, and I'm not even going to pretend that I got any good pictures of that fun afternoon, or even pictures of all the girls. But the kids had a blast, and I had fun with adults while the kids crafted, played, and ate.

For the month of February leading up to Valentine's Day, Dan and I would each write what we love about the kids on a little heart and put it in my tiny mailbox. We forgot a lot of the days, but Stori was quick to remind us haha. We decided that we wouldn't do anything big for the kids for the actual holiday, but at 4am Valentine's Day, I woke up feeling super bad that we did nothing for the first time. I knew they would get a lot of candy at their several parties, so I ran to Smiths and got a pink tablecloth, streamers, yummy breakfast stuff, and a tiny beanie boo for each of them. I am so glad I did. They woke up and saw the table with the beanie boos, and wouldn't stop hugging me or telling me how much they love me. They are so easy to love, and Dan and I are the luckiest parents to have such sweet kids

^^flashing the "I love you" sign to send to daddy at work. It was a fun holiday for sure.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me so sad because we don't live close and don't get to hang out after kindergarten pick up, or at the library or at valentines parties! But i do love all these updates to keep me feeling like i know what goes on in your life. I need to update my blog but my computer has no space and when i try to look at pictures it starts to shut down! Anyways, keep theses updates coming!

    ReplyDelete