Sunday, June 3, 2012

ORANGE binky


You know the binky to which I refer because it is in every picture of my little girl.
But did you know that it is the only binky we own? You see, we have only had the one binky for Stori because it is the one they gave us in the hospital. 
(almost 11 monts ago)!
Obviously we have had no back up for our binky-loving-red-head. Risky eh?
Soooooo.... we started to get a little proud. It started to become a game. Each day was a little victory that we survived with keeping track of the one orange binky. I was too scared to post about this because I knew I would wake up the next day and it would vanish. {However, I needed to post it so that we would always remember how cool we are}!
But, while out and about last week, I bought a 'just in case' replacement.
Dun dun dun….
I got home and I felt defeated! I lost the game of surviving with the one and only pacifier. 
So to remain undefeated, I came up with a purpose for this new pacifier...
I went to Porters where I had been eyeing this Memory Box since Astoria was born. But it was $20 and I kind of have a love/hate relationship with spending money. But it was 50% off so I did it. I gathered all of her baby treasures from the hospital and I filled this box. Including her orange binky! So technically she still has only one functioning binky! 
Me? Defeated? Ha!
And this is what it looks like now!
Contents include: fabric from her baby quilt, all of our matching wrist bands from her birthday, birth card from hospital crib, baby hat they gave her after being born, tiny blue and white bow the nurse made for her, pink and turquoise bows for her hair, her first outfit (that tiny Madison onesie), bracelet I made for her, and of course, the orange binky!

1 comment:

  1. We know all about binky babies :) That memory box is such a cute idea! I love how you have everything in there- it looks awesome! Maybe we can get together and do some crafty things while we're there visiting.

    ReplyDelete