Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Astoria Rose (the big sis)

Stori Rose...

besides being the worlds greatest big sister, this girl is learning stuff left and right!
Including her lefts and rights! Haha. Dan taught her this while getting ready for bed one day and now when we ask her which way to turn on our walks, she will tell us either left or right. I find that very impressive because even Dan still has a hard time with this! :)
But here are some other things she is learning... 

**Talking: this is her specialty these days. She can quote whole movies, books, tv shows, and songs. Literally quote them!! If she hears a song once she can sing the whole song the next time she hears it. It blows my mind listening to her! At bed time when we sit on the big pillow to read books, she is the one reading them to me. I just start the first word and she does the rest (with a few missing words).
**Letters: She knows all her letters and their sounds. The craziest part is that she can SPELL her name! yup! "S.T.O.Rww.I." And if you ask her her name she says "Stordi Rose Radfuud." Her pronunciation is probably the cutest part of it. I'll get it recorded on my phone and put it on here. I tried recording her a couple of weeks ago with her saying that but she knew that's what I was doing so she made silly faces instead.
**Numbers: She has been able to count to 10 without missing a number since she was about 18 months old, but now she can get to 20! And when I ask her to count cars, or trees, or lights, or steps, etc she can count the right amount. 
**Colors: she knows all her colors. That's all. :)
**Manners: if she asks for something and it isn't very polite I say, "Try that a different way." and then she'll say, "Mommy, more fishies please?" or if she responds "no" to things, I ask her to say it nicer and she'll say "no thank you." When answering yes, she always says, "Of course!" I love that! She is great at please, thank you, and your welcome. My favorite is Your Welcome. She says it soooo cute. BUT, don't be confused...even though she is learning her manners, she is still SASSY SASSY McGee!!!

We have a lot of fun together and she is absolutely in love with "Sissy June!" she always asks to "Hold it?" :) She holds her for about 1 minute and during that time she is loving and kissing on her.

here are several videos of Astoria from this past summer before I had S.J. I just love her.

dancing to 80's music on the 4th of July

My "Hat" is my sipper

1 comment:

  1. Tracen and I just spent a huge chunk of time watching (and re-watching) those videos. He gets a huge smile on his face everytime!! Stori is getting SO smart, Tracen hasn't advanced that much and still struggles with counting past 2 and any of his colors! Mom of the year!

    ReplyDelete