Monday, November 4, 2013

10.31.13

Halloween 2013
-We usually start planning our halloween costumes about 4 months in advance, and then finish the costumes, the night before. Well, this year is no different.
In August, after much thought for the spooky holiday, we finally decided we would be the cast of 'Tangled.' The one problem we had--Astoria wanted to be Flynn Ryder.
Astoria+Flynn=True Love
We thought it might be a little weird for our 2 year old to dress like a boy, so the brainwashing began. By September we had her sold. Stori would be 'Princess Punzel', Dan would be Flynn, Sylvie as Pascal, and myself as Mother Gothel. 
(Don't think about the creepiness of Stori hooking up with her Dad, cause that would totally ruin everything. So just don't think.) 
All I had to make for Stori's costume was the hair. I just braided golden yarn and hot glued flowers in. (Thanks Ambs for holding Sylvie while I created!) I had already purchased the Punzel dress as a 'dress-up' toy/potty training reward. (oh ya, Stori is potty trained whoop whoop)!!!!

For Pascal, I had to create it all. I used felt for the tail and the eyes. Just put the eyes on a headband and it worked great so that we could still see Sylvie's beautiful hair! :) (Thanks to meg for the green body)!

Mother Gothel's costume was all borrowed from my Mom's stash of old and previous Halloween costumes and Amanda's vampire dress.
Flynn took the most work. My favorite part was that we used my Grandma Lila's wig! haha! I made his boots out of DI brown sweater sleeves, his vest from an old DI henley, the toggles on his vest from the rest of the brown sweater, the brown pants were from DI, the satchel---yep, you guessed it, also from DI, and the crown from the Dollar Store. Dan grew out his facial hair for the role, and put on his best 'smolder' face.

We won "Best Family Costume" at our ward Halloween Party. We LOVE our ward, and Stori especially loves our Bishop!
Bishop with most of the kids
+on actual Halloween, we headed out to Lewisville to Trick or Treat a few houses, and then on to my Mom's house to enjoy pizza dinner with Mom and Josh's fam!
before the carnival
We love almost everything about Halloween: dressing up, the decorations, the candy, the pumpkins/punkins, and the weather. the thing we (mostly me) HATE=all things scary! So no haunted houses or scary movies for us! Can't believe this is our last Halloween in Rexburg! :(

1 comment:

  1. I could not have picked a better job than holding precious Sylvie! I love your girls...... Dan..... uhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete