Friday, January 10, 2014

2014 loves us so far.

After all the sickness during Christmas, we more than welcomed the new year! New Years Day was by far my favorite day!
We got all bundled up (including Sylvie June and Granny Faylene) and Dan pulled us in the sled all around Lewisville! While we were out sledding, we saw other sledders being pulled by tractors and 4-wheelers; but who needs those when you have Dan Dan the Maytag man? We even got my mom on the sled! (the pictures prove that she had a blast)!
On our way home we stopped by to say hi to neighbor Dorothy. Well next thing you know, she was taking her turn on the sled also! :) She said it made her feel like a little kid again!

After Dorothy took a turn, Stori decided she wanted to pull Sylvie... man this was so darn cute! She pulled her home and then some---about 10 minutes worth. Sylvie loved it and actually fell asleep for a little bit. I've loved the snow more this year than any other year before. I think I'm just going to assume that everything with kids is more enjoyable.

 





 
While I'm writing this, it's a complete white-out outside and I love it!! I can't wait for dan's day off tomorrow to go build a snowman with the kiddos. 

And a special bonus during Christmas/NYE vacation-------------------dinner with the ALLREDS!!! They decided to stay the night in IF on their way home from Canada, so we had exactly 2 hours with them at Texas Roadhouse, and it was a blast! Sure miss them.

Cheers to 2014!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun playing on the sled. And I am so glad that we could spend those couple of hours together, it was a great start to our New Year! Miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete