Sunday, January 19, 2014

Astoria Rose Radford 2.5

This girl. Oh this girl.
She is sincerely spunky.
Precisely spicy
and has practically mastered the terrible two's.
She knows exactly what she doesn't want, and yells tells us about every 2 seconds.
However, she is very good at cuddling with me and giving me all the kisses I want.
She is also quite hilarious, and keeps me laughing all the time. These are some of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite red heads.

When getting ready to go potty, stori lifted the toilet seat, saw a little piece of toilet paper in there and said, "oh noooo! That poor wipe is so sad cause he can't find his family. I forgot to flush him!" 

Dan asked Stori to race him up the stairs at my moms house. About 2 stairs into it, Stori exclaims, "you go ahead dad. I'll catch up."

I was pretending to be sad cause Stori didn't want to give me hugs, and she got a sad look on her face and said, "don't be sad! I know Toy Story will make you feel better."

When Dan left for work one morning, Stori began to cry. She walked over to a very content Sylvie and said (while still whimpering) "oh punkin, you sad cause you misses yours daddy!?" 

While sitting on the ground happily playing with the kids, Stori came up to me and said, " don't worry mom, dadda just went to work and he'll be right back!" 
Haha I think she was saying it more for herself than me! 

She still sleeps 12-13 hours/night and takes one nap for about 2 hours.
She still doesn't like candy, chocolate, or anything really foreign. If I sneakily give her new food while she's distracted, she will continue to eat it, but doesn't do well with the idea of eating it on her own.
She also gags herself if she eats something she doesn't like. The little stinker.
She is absolutely the best big sister and delivers the binky to Sylvie like she's Stockton and SJ's Malone.   She always wants to be 'best friend twins' with her---matching outfits.
She wants to share bath time with her every day.
She shares her toys, does tummy time, encourages her when she holds onto a toy by herself, and begs me each night to let her sleep in her crib with her.
She loves Princess's, Mickey Mouse, and Toy Story. If she isn't in the mood to have her hair fixed, I ask her how she wants it fixed and she always replies, "Minnie Mouse ears!" She is really into "princess outfits" (dresses or anything that resembles a dress) and will twirl and say, "Look Mom, I'm a beautiful Princess!" All of her boots, and panties, and shirts, and coats have a different Princess assigned to them so that she will wear them. For ex: her brown boots are "Princess Tiger boots."Haha ya, she's a funny one. I can't believe in 6 months she will be THREE!
It's so crazy! She makes me crazy. And I LOVE her like crazy!
To end this, I will end it with what we say to each other before bed each night after prayers and our family cheer, (which, by the way, she has been wanting to say 'Millennium Falcon' for the family cheer---makes her dad happy haha)!
Love you sooo much.
Best Friends. ForevER. and EVerrrr
Sweet dreams.
("don't close the door please. And just tell me one more story.")
the "minnie mouse" hair
^^ A cute video of these 2 on our way home from Sam's Club :)
Arctic Circle shenanigans.  
Stori was soooo excited that Sylvie got out of her infant bath tub to "swim" with her.
It took exactly 2.5 years for this Car Cart to become available for her to drive! 
I asked her if she wanted to hug her snowman and she said, "But mom, I don't know how." This is what she figured out.
P.S. we took her to Idaho Falls to celebrate her half birthday and let her choose where we ate. She chose Sam's Club. She's a crazy one for sure! Love you Astoria!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how old she is getting, and how much we miss hanging out with Stori. Yesterday Tracen started talking about you and Stori, we think of you guys often!

    ReplyDelete