Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas times means laughter... or sickness

Low key Christmas has some perks...
-when you get sick, you only infect 4 people instead of 44
-more food to go around
-clean-up is much easier
-and everyone fits into one car when going out on adventures
To help us get in the Christmasy mood, we went to the Museum to see the Nativities from around the world for FHE. It was wonderful. They had carolers there singing the whole time. They also had gingerbread houses and a play area that Stori really enjoyed. two thumbs up!

 



It was definitely weird not being with a lot of family this Christmas, but when I'm surrounded by my family of little red heads and my brown eyed guy, it still has the same feeling.
We still did our same traditions on fake Christmas Eve.
-I made rice pudding for the first time and, by coincidence, Dan got the whole almond! I didn't plant it, he just found his way to the correct cup! :) Finding the almond means good luck for the next year; when I found the almond in the pudding, I met Dan, my brother Ty met and married his wife, etc. So I'm really hoping that Dan's almond brings us good luck with Law School!
-Sylvie was baby Jesus this year in our nativity.
-Stori was a little grumpy so she was first a lamb, then an angel, and then possibly a grumpy inn-taker?
-Stori was also a heckler during the talent show. She was originally going to sing Christmas songs, but the grumpy gus wouldn't perform! :) Still love her though.
-and we made lot's of yummy food to last for days
this is the ONLY picture I took from Fake Christmas Eve. Hopefully my family took pictures...
On actual Christmas Eve we...
-went to Josh's house
-had a yummy dinner
-had a scavenger hunt to find the Christmas jammies
-made name tags for Santa
-watched I'ts a Wonderful Life
-and in bed by midnight















Actual Christmas
-woke up around 9 haha
-enjoyed what Santa brought-Christmas with kids is AMAZING!
-devoured a delicious breakfast made by SDR
-watched 'Ghost Town,' and then I started to develop my sickness
-Dan turned into a 2 year old because he didn't want to wait until the evening to open the rest of the presents. :) I almost had to put him in time out to help him calm down.
-finally opened presents after nap time---Dan wins the present game AGAIN!
-and enjoyed a cozy day out at granny faylene's house






Thenext few days my 2 girls and me experienced a disease of all diseases! Chills, then extremely hot, then so miserable that I couldn't hold still/sleep. One night Dan went to the movies with his brothers, and Stori and Sylvie were so sick that we just laid out big pillows and watched movies all night. MAN I am soooo glad that sickness is over! We had a good time hanging out at my mom's house for a few weeks though! Nothing can quite beat Christmas at home!

And for some reason the video of Stori seeing her presents isn't uploading.... I'll continue to work on that

No comments:

Post a Comment