Monday, September 8, 2014

Law School Monday: lonely or pathetic

It's nothing new to us that Dan is gone during the day. He's always worked and gone to school during that time, and we have found many a thing to entertain ourselves while he's away.
Since law school has started, that part has definitely stayed the same. Dan gets home at 6 for dinner and to spend time with family. We usually eat, then head over to the park via run, bike, or walk. (Our kids only approve of the walking version we have found). We play until dark and then Dan heads back to the law school for further reading and studying and such.
This is the part that is all new to me! The only time when Dan would be gone at night was when he was out shooting or having guys night. Which was very rare because we love having the evening together to eat popcorn and ice cream :)
Well now that my partner is gone during that time, I have found that rather than being lonely, I'm just down right pathetic.
Not the pathetic where I sit and cry myself to sleep because I miss him so much, but the kind of pathetic where I park myself on the couch with my bowl of cereal and 'Netflix' the night away.
I fear that it is similar to drinking. By the time Dan gets home at 11:00 I realize I have no recollection of what happened the last few hours. Truly, truly pathetic!
Luckily, a professor on campus told him that he will get to the point where he will be able to get everything done at 6 pm and have the evenings and all of the weekends together! Doesn't that sound nice? I think so.
You know what also sounds nice? Going home to Idaho for the weekend. Sadly, the reason we went home wasn't ideal, but it was still nice to be back in the land of 2 lane roads! (More on that later)

As for now, my cute sidekicks that entertain me hourly...
don't mind her. nothing new here
or here. same ol' same ol'

future dress-up star in the making. She is learning from the best


my little circus star----no legs and no body. just that cute head and arms! :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I just barely wrote a "I'm going to post once a week" post too! :) Looks like you guys are enjoying Utah! Hope school's going ok for Dan. Looks like we'll be heading to Idaho around Nov. 15th for Sarah's wedding!! Too bad it's not closer to Thanksgiving or else we might've been able to spend it with the fam! Oh well. Maybe we can still stop by and see you on the way or on the way back. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete