Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Law School Monday: school and food. food??


Cripes! We are just going to pretend this was written yesterday. And since we are pretending, let's just imagine that I have something interesting to post.

Food isn't always interesting, but with us, it is always a struggle.
I should rephrase that---we struggle with trying NEW places to eat.
For example: we have walked into Zupas 5 different times and end up convincing ourselves that we want Cafe Rio, or In-n-Out, or Chic-fil-A. (food we know is good). The same goes for Cubby's, JDawgs, Smashburger, Noodles & Co, and JCW.
We have heard great things about all these places, have stepped foot in almost all of them, yet eaten in none of them. So the next time we want to eat out, we are MAKING ourselves try one of these.
Speaking of restaurants, I just saw that Orem is getting a Chipotle!!!!

We eat out about once a week, and it's usually to celebrate Dan finishing another week of Law School. I am so surprised at how much he is loving school. Each day when I ask him, it seems to be better than the day before. He is genuinely loving the classes and from what I hear from his brother, he always makes great comments. I guess he had a professor grill him on a certain case and he handled it great. All that reading/studying is paying off. The most stressful part of it all, I think, is that your whole grade is based on just ONE test at the end of the semester. I sure hope he's a good test taker!

Now back to food real quick, we have been having dan's brothers come over for Sunday dinner each week that we are in town and it has been so fun. 4 of the 5 boys live right here in Utah, and this last week Aaron was here too, and it's great that my girls are really getting to know them. Sylvie met uncle Preston for the first time this last weekend at his wedding in Layton, and he claimed she was the cutest baby he had ever seen. :) It's fun being close to family on both sides. This Provo place really is the perfect spot for us to be. So glad he got accepted here. Dan told me he randomly stops studying and looks around and thinks, "I am so lucky to be going to school here." We are very lucky indeed. We are LOVING every moment.
Stori is an excellent sister with encouraging words. "Keep trying!" and "When you're feeling frustrated, take a step back and ask for help." haha cuties.

Spending our days and nights at this perfect park.
just waiting for daddy to get home in their Little Mermaid dresses.
when these two are good---they are very good.
and when they are sad, they are very sad. I don't know 2 kids who hate the car more than these 2.
my cute little niece made this for us while we were in Idaho, and I loved it so much I framed it. She is such a cute little artist.

1 comment:

  1. Could Stori get any cuter? What a great older sister. I already text you about all the food. I wish I could spend my days at the park with you guys. Also, your rug looks SO cute! Where did you get it? I need to see your apt again to see how cute you made it!

    ReplyDelete