Monday, March 2, 2015

Sickness and a crap crap crapy week. :)

2 Sundays ago, everyone was happy and healthy---with the exception of the black eye on June Bug.

Stori is on the left and Sylvie is on the right! Same dress and bow, and BOTH of them with black eyes on their left eyes haha.
still healthy on Sunday night...
then Stori got a fever, coughing so hard that it made her throw up, no appetite, chills, exhausted, etc.

we had her sleep on the floor in our room because her fever was so high. It was really quite scary.

Sylvie seemed to have escaped the sickness! Even though they secretly shared sippy's before I could stop them.



Too much sharing I guess… Sylvie got it BAD! her cough also made her throw up, but she kept throwing up. She had all the same symptoms, and her fever was 103.2 and no fever reducer was helping. She coughed all day and night, and I finally decided to take her in because nothing seemed to work.

They tested her for both RSV and the Flu. They take a long q-tip and get a sample of their throat by going through the nose! :( 
Both tests came back negative which really surprised the Dr.
He talked to me for about an hour and explained many things. He told me all of the OTC medicines to give to her and then told me about what his family always did to cure coughs. He told me to give her 1tsp of raw honey. That is all. And you know what, it worked IMMEDIATELY!!! I could not believe it. she stopped coughing, and her fever actually went down. how? so glad he gave me that tip.
She was back to new after 2 days. 



The sickness between the 2 kids last all week long. And it just so happened to be the same week that dan was gone from 6-midnight every day. He would get kicked out of the law school when it closed and would come home and keep working. Monday-Saturday. The kids only saw their dad once, and that was when I took him dinner one night. I was so frustrated because I had been inside our house nonstop for a 6 STRAIGHT DAYS! I am so used to being gone most of the day and this was so hard. Both kids needed my attention literally all day and all night. I showed once (not to be confused with washing my hair once, SHOWERED once). I didn't see dan because he would come home after I was asleep and he would leave before I was awake. I had to miss YW for the week and movies/tv shows didn't even entertain my kids. So the week wasn't spent snuggled up in blankies watching movies. It was spent running around while I hold my 18 month old…she wouldn't let me put her down. I love being a mom, and I love the ups and downs. Last week was rough, but we made it through it! 
I didn't work out once, and ate ice cream 3 different nights. not sure if that helped the week or made it worse? :)
This next week should be great! Dan won't have to be gone as much, I hope.
Visiting Dad at Law School...

2 comments:

  1. Next time you have a week like that, text me! Not like I can do anything, but I will endorse the pain you are feeling and give you sympathy. Not fun at all! glad they are on the mend and that the honey worked! Sylvie looks like strawberry shortcake with that hat on, so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick babies are the worst! So is being alone and home bound. Good thing your girls are so stinkin adorable!

    ReplyDelete