Friday, July 17, 2015

Dan and his projects.

Since finishing his externship, Dan has been a busy little boy! he doesn't like to just sit and relax. (lucky for my mom haha)
He wanted to do some nice things for my mom since she has been so good to us and letting us live here while doing our externship. He cleaned out her garage; cleared everything out, mopped the floor, and organized it. Then the next day he decided to tackle the shed. He found too many mice for my mom, or my taste, so we sat by and just watched! ;) It took him so long, but it looks so amazing!
Next day he decided he wanted to make my mom a permanent fire pit. It was originally going to be a simple little hole with the fire pit she already has, but turned into a gorgeous new built in stone one! IT looks amazing! It only took a few hours of digging and stacking and it was done. It was done so quick that Dan decided to take that shovel out toward the pine trees and start digging a hole for the trampoline! haha, see--can't just sit and relax! 2 days of digging for Dan and Tyler (and some dedicated kids) and that trampoline was buried in the ground making it the perfect addition to my moms yard! The kids play on it so much more now, and the parents are much more relaxed knowing the kids won't fall off and break any bones!
We are currently working on a Teepee for Stori's birthday...this is my kind of project! It's going to be fun working together on it!
Next---a vertical barn-wood WELCOME sign, to stand by our front door.














1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! Send Dan over here to help build things for our new place and a firepit!!!!! And your teepee is WAY too cute, what did you use for the fabric? I need you to make me a new one! I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete