Thursday, March 15, 2012

a not-so-surprisingly-sad day

It's so much easier living in denial, thinking that your baby is always going to stay a baby.
But then the cold hard facts hit ya. Hit ya real hard.
You see, we put away all the clothes that only fit babies...not big girls. 
I held up each and every single tiny article of clothing up to my Stori Rose. Remembering when she came home from the hospital, when she went to Gringos for the first time, when we celebrated my birthday, Dan's birthday, her first road trip, her first tummy time, etc. 
I remember what she wore on all of these occasions and tried really hard to picture a teeny tiny Astoria Rose. Which was only done by looking back through my pictures. Which I did. Right after we closed the lid to her clothes. {insert mommy tears}

She was pretty sad about it too! 

She is learning so many things. How to say Daddy, how to turn off lights.... how to do the splits,

and how to survive if we only had a box to live in.... and to eat.

2 comments:

  1. Melanie, you are so funny.....and Astoria Rose Radford is sooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never gets ANY easier! I still cry a little EVERY time I put my kids clothes away or to DI. I love how wide stori's stance is in that one picture. She is such a dang cutie!

    ReplyDelete