Monday, October 30, 2017

First day of school

Astoria Rose is the cutest little first grader, I EVER did see! she was so excited for school to start and was a little nervous about being gone "all day." She thought that she would literally be gone from morning until bedtime... she said nervously to me, "but won't sylvie miss me when she goes to bed at night, and I'm still at school...." such sweetie. She was also very excited for the brand new playground at the school that I went to when I was little. Also, the idea of riding the school bus, was so exciting...until the school bus came to get her. She climbed into my arms and asked if I could take her instead. Now she loves it, and usually gets all of her homework done on the ride home.




they missed each other while stori was gone!

^^ a little cousin back to school shopping

Sylvie June bug started preschool this year...  :(
it's called Princess Academy, and it's girls only. They do a cooking class, a craft, and on Thursday, they take the last hour of class and have a dance class. If I'm being totally honest, I don't love it....they only go on TTH and don't do any school work. like at all. So I will have to do a separate preschool with her at home.  she seems to really love it though, and has no desire to come home with me when it's over.
Plus she loves her school "uniform" and riding the school bus for her monthly field trips.






^^ Stori is really into reading and taking AR tests. she has to get 10 before the first trimester, so she loves taking those tests. She is up to 8.3 points already, and still has 3 weeks before the trimester. I guess if they reach their goal, they get to read a book to the whole class... and apparently that sounds exciting for this little 6 yr old haha??

"Astoria is ready for AR test."

No comments:

Post a Comment