Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The week before, and the week of Thanksgiving

Well. the week before thanksgiving, 4 of the 5 Radfords came down with the flu. But we did it in a very convenient fashion. First it was Sylvie and myself--so dan took care of us and the throw up from sylvie. 2 days later, Dan and Stori became sick. So Sylvie and myself took care of those 2. Well.... technically dan took care of the throw up that day too. He is a saint. He says throw up doesn't bother him like it bothers me, so even when he is sick--he's the upchuck guy! Anyway, enough talk about throw up.

Stori came and woke me up and told me that she wrote me a poem. It is so cute.  I also like that she put the date at the top--such a 1st grade move haha. I love it. "It will be fun to play in the sun. It will be fun to go to the pool. It will be fun 'too' go to the play park." I also love that she originally put d's instead of b's and then changed it. Love her!

The two cuties enjoying some iPad time at Granny and Papa Radfords house while the adults enjoy a peaceful dinner ;)

Stori is in choir at school, and they sang the National Anthem on Veterans Day. She has such a sweet little voice. howeverrrrrr. Her concert was at the same time of preschool drop off, and i tried reallllly hard to get there for it. But i juuuust missed it by like 30 seconds. When i walked up I could see Stori silently crying up in front. As soon as the veterans finished the 21 gun solute, she ran up to me and sobbed. sobbed, sobbed. She really wanted me to be there, and said she looked at all the parents and couldn't help but crying because i was the only mom not there. Man I felt HORRIBLE! #momfail I will be there for her Christmas concert even if I have to spend $1,000 to do so.

Sylvie drew this cute little panda for Dan so he would be happy when he went to work. Such a little sweetie.

Nightly granny snuggles.

While I eat chocolate pudding, he cleans. He wins at life.

Princess Academy thanksgiving feast.

Doing dishes! sweetest little sight.

5-kid carty cart at Home Depot, and one thrilled Dan.
On actual Thanksgiving, we had unusually warm weather. So after dinner, and before pie, we went on a little hike to the Butte. It was a tad windy on the way up, but it had a great view.
A cute little arch with a cute little view of Joel and Miles
Dan telling Joel which Mt. ranges he can see from up there. apparently he could see more than 10.

the hike down wasn't as windy, but Dan was still a gentleman and helped cute mama down the slick parts.

Thanksgiving evening entertainment. There were many games played, many dress up costume changes, dance performances, and talking until 1am.
We got to go see this cute little Santa in Rigby, and the kids asked for something different than what santa already purchased... So now begins the brain washing/convincing them that they want their original gift. haha
I took video of all the thanksgiving tables, but no actual pictures. mental pictures only.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great holiday after the sickness. We are brainwashing here too.

    ReplyDelete