Wednesday, January 28, 2015

the good, the bad, the ugly.

Good---giving the kiddos horsey rides.
Bad--- achey back/neck for days.
Ugly---the filthy, dirty mirror I used to document this "fun"

Good---made breakfast for the kids
Bad---same food as it was yesterday
Ugly---same food as it was for dinner (if it aint broke, don't fix it...or something)

Good---my kids sleep 12 or 13 hours each night
Bad---Dan and I go to sleep 6 hours AFTER they do
Ugly---me in the mornings.

Good---kids playing with friends
Bad---putting on a movie to entertain them after they destroy the house
Ugly---Stori's "seahorse" hair. Haha who requests seahorse hair??

Good---spending an entire day on Valentines crafts and no TV
Bad---water colors everywhere
Ugly---Actually, nothing ugly about this one. They made some mighty fine crafts! :)

Good---going to the Rec center for play group
Bad---realizing at the last minute that Dan took the car and we would be walking
Ugly---the amount of goldfish consumed on that 2 mile walk

Good---Dan goes to an amazing Law School
Bad---limited time with him
Ugly---realizing that I have been in "college mode" since 2003!!! 

For the most part, our days are good. No, actually they are great! Some days I feel like I'm good with just 2 kids, and other days I'm looking up minivans to put all 6 kids in.
But one thing is for sure; good, bad, or ugly, I LOVE my family and wouldn't trade our situation for anything. being in college for 12 years just keeps us young right? ;)

^^^the seahorse hair. And popcorn. I'm a bomb babysitter
crafty craftersons
Octonaut-aholics
Horsey rides. 2 at a time and a dirty mirror
Stori volunteered to clean the dirty mirror for me! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your positive take on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOO my comment is gone. But I am pretty sure that there is no ugly in this at all! And you are my best babysitter too - and your babysitting sounds a lot like my child rearing (shhh). Wish we could come and play with you guys everyday. P.S. Seahorse hair reminds me of scary spice hair from the 90s...

    ReplyDelete