Tuesday, January 13, 2015

to Vernal we will go

 Our friends have traveled to Idaho and Utah to spend time with us, and it was finally our turn to go see them. Their house was so beautiful and inviting, and we never wanted to leave. It was a little hectic because there were 6 kids under 4 there, but the fun times way outweighed the crazy.
The first night we got there, the girls headed out for a little dinner and shopping, while the guys had a movie night with the kids. I definitely needed that night out with some of my very best friends! 
When we got home from our GNO, we played a little dance game on the Xbox and laughed extremely hard---and eventually got Dan to dance. He thought he was too cool for school until he realized we all looked like fools while doing it.
That next day the guys took off to go shooting while we took the kids to a park to play (and freeze. Luckily I am part white trash and made gloves for Stori out of her sweater and 2 hair things. Brilliant, I know).
After the park, we went home to make some delicious personal pizzas. (the food the whole time was top notch and I can only hope to make good food like Alana one day).
The guys took the 3 oldest to the Dinosaur museum after lunch, and they spent most of the day out and about while the younger 3 napped at home. 
Then dinner came and another delicious meal. Then the boys were off yet again for a game night with some friends of Lukes. 
We put the kids to bed and decided to color my hair and down some milk duds. The chocolate was much needed after getting the kids to bed, and the hair color was much needed to 
 eliminate the question, "where did your kids get all that red hair?" :) We shall see if it works.
We got up early on Sunday morning to drive back to Provo and Dan and I talked about how much we wish these guys lived just a few feet away like we did back in Rexburg. Maybe one day! ;)
{And it should be noted that all the kids decided that the bathroom by the kitchen was the "party room," and they spent the majority of the time playing in there. All the toys were lined up, and you considered yourself lucky if you got an invitation to 'pretend play' in there. I think the pillow pet was the real reason, because it was the only room dark enough to see the lights. But still, what weird kids haha} 
girls night pose! haha 



watching How to Train your Dragon 2. Poor Tracen has to be surrounded by so many girls.
Stori sure loves her tracen! 


the stare down.
this is a picture of my hair the next day all fresh and clean, but definitely not fixed yet.
headed to the Dinosaur museum all in one car. What little cuties they are!









2 comments:

  1. I am grinning like a fool right now. Such a great weekend! You are way too kind about everything you said, but I am glad you guys had fun. It is SO sad that we don't live so close anymore, but I am really glad that we have kept in touch. Tracen loves all his girlfriends so much and I can't handle the cuteness in all the pictures! Thanks for driving out here and for giving me some girl time! I love the hair colour, I really do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a super fun visit! And I love the new hair color! I love it red too though-haha! :)

    ReplyDelete