Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Dan and Mel June trail runs

 Dan and I really got into trail running the last couple of years. It wasn't until our kids got a little older and could stay home by themselves that we really started doing it regularly. We would usually go up on a Thursday night and then on a long run on Saturday mornings. We summited Lewis Peak, and that is my least favorite trail run of all time. It's probably a great hike to just hike, but even then it's soooo steep. And you actually summit 3 different peaks on the way to lewis peak. Up down Up down Up down... it was tiring. but the views!!!!!! oh gosh I would do it again and again for the views alone. 

The wildflowers this year were something I've never seen before. Literally millions of them flooding the mountain sides. I took a video of them on each of our hikes and it is wildflowers for miles and miles as far as the eye can see. I doubt we get them that good this year because the lack of snow. But who knows.

These pictures are of Lewis Peak, Wheeler creek, Art VanOrd, Ogden Canyon Overlook and Sardine peak. All out of order again for some reason. one day I will figure that out. but that day is not today.

































No comments:

Post a Comment