Wednesday, April 3, 2024

July hikes

July is always a busy this month, but this year especially year because of our move. But we still did the paper airplane trail again because its a crowd favorite. This time we went past the tree house and plane and followed the trail down and around the mountain. It was so beautiful!! The kids discovered the little cocoons on the tall grass though and got terrified haha. It was so peaceful until it wasn't. ha. 

Dan and I also got out and summited Ben Lomond---or big Ben. It's the big peak by our old house. I have probably 900 photos of Big Ben. It's just so pretty!

We also did a few trail runs, but only have these two pictures from all of those.


paper airplane trail












off to Ben Lomond. This time there was so much snow still at the top that we had to scramble up a different way----And it was terrifying. One slip and we would have fallen to our death. Literally. I also put my hand on a snake. which wasn't a rattler, but we didn't know that until we looked at the pictures of it later. I wish I could put videos up on here (I'll figure that out one day too) because all of these hikes we did this summer were just unreal beautiful. I think I took more videos than pictures this year.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment